(44) Aziel

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"If you're afraid of dying, shows you have a life worth keeping." — The Last King Of Scotland, 2006

Word count: 2515

THE world around me seemed to shift

THE world around me seemed to shift. I stared in horror at the sight below me — afraid for my mate's life. 

He wasn't moving and his eyes were squeezed shut. Aziel loomed over him, a sadistic smirk on his face. 

"Aziel!" I yelled, my voice hitting new octaves. As soon as my words rippled through the air, his attention was on me. Those dark green eyes I had come to hate with so much passion settled on me and his lips turned into a vicious smirk. "Step away from him."

He turned his back to Gabriel, giving me a full view of his bloodied state. Three fresh claw marks were stretched down half of his face, giving him an ominous look. He looked deadly. A shiver of fear trailed down my spine. 

"You're finally awake — I was starting to think that antidote was wrong." He stated, his eyes flashing with sick humor. "Why don't you come down here and talk to me?" 

I narrowed my eyes at his request, mentally debating whether to go through it or not. 

Eventually, I decided to concede. I rushed down through the building, ignoring the eerie feeling that swirled in my stomach. 

There was a heavy breeze that sang in the air as I stepped outside. It was as if the gods who controlled the weather sensed the dismal atmosphere. 

Aziel was now standing against a tree close to Gabriel's body, his arms crossed over his chest. His expensive-looking clothes seemed so out of place. Blood coated parts of his body, appearing as if he had attended a blood bath. 

"You were responsible for my near-death," I stated, knowing in my heart he was behind it. "And now you're trying to kill my mate." 

He pushed himself off the tree and glared at me, "And you left me at our engagement party!" He hollered back, angrier. "My parents were furious. I was embarrassed!"