(46) An Alpha's Power

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You have no power over me," Labyrinth, 1986 

Word count: 2063

ALPHA Zaegan.

The man who betrayed the original King and Queen of Wolves, who stabbed them in the back.

The wolf who kidnapped my people and tried to their essence so that he could become immortal. 

The man who should be dead. 

I stumbled backward, reeling. How was this possible? How was he alive, standing before me with a cocky grin on his face? 

How had I not picked up on the clues he had said throughout our conversation? 

"So, you have read the book," He commented with wicked glee. "That makes it more fun then. You'll know exactly what's going to happen." 

I hardened my stare, glaring at him with hatred. He had tried to kill my people. To take our powers. 

"How are you alive, Zaegan?" I asked, distracting him. Perhaps I could delay him until reinforcements come. Assuming they come of course. 

He cocked his head to the side, his eyes twinkling with intelligence. He knew what I was doing but he went along with it, confident we wouldn't be disturbed. 

"Well, as you know, I tried to conduct the spell hundreds of years ago. Yet, here I am, looking twenty-five, without any wrinkles." He started, taking pleasure in telling this story. "It took a while for me to recover from what your grandfather did. But I eventually managed to find a lineage of witches who were willing to create a dark potion to keep me alive." 

My eyebrows furrowed together, "Then why do you want to use me? You've succeeded." 

He narrowed his eyes at me, annoyed I had asked a 'stupid' question. "Because the potion uses dark magic. It has more cons than pros. For instance," He spat, grabbing onto his blue t-shirt. Tugging the top of it down, he exposed his tanned skin and...the burned marks that seemed to infect his body.