(16) Hot Seat

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright." — The Shawshank Redemption, 1994

Word count: 1723

WHEN I returned from my heartbreaking walk, I was called upon by Sabrina who said Alpha Gabriel wanted to see me

My mind immediately believed the Alpha discovered I used magic on that guard. I believed I had been caught. 

Together, we walked towards his office. Sabrina stopped outside of the room and gestured for me to go inside. It seemed she wasn't going to join me. 

Taking a deep breath, I swung the doors open and was met with three pairs of eyes. One was soothing and electric - Alpha Gabriel's. The other two were much colder and distant - Beta Blade and Eden. Why were they here too? 

Were they here for backup? 

My stomach churned at the thought. I didn't like Beta Blade or Eden but that didn't mean I wanted to hurt them. Royal Fae had power beyond belief. We simply had to wiggle a finger and catastrophe followed. 

I stayed by the doors, prepared to make a run for it. 

Alpha Gabriel was sat at his desk, his elbows on the large table. The other two flanked his sides, with arms crossed over their chests. 

Placing my hands behind my back, I greeted them unsurely. "You called for me...Alpha?" The title was like iron in my mouth. It didn't sit well. 

He straightened his back and his piercing grey eyes locked onto my own. His approach to me was much warmer, surprisingly. 

"Yes, I wanted to know if you knew anything about the Delta-Moon pack," He said, casually. 

I nearly had to do a double-take, believing I misheard him. Why was he asking me about a werewolf pack? 

My confusion was evident on my face. I flickered my eyes to the other two who were watching me like a hawk. Their eyes were unsettling, to say the least. No matter what I did, they didn't trust or like me.