(12) Won't Get Fooled Again

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." — The Princess Diaries, 2001

Word count: 1981

"ALPHA Gabriel, you lied to me," I entered the room dramatically, marching towards him with a furious expression on my face

He slowly raised his eyes from the paperwork on his desk and faced me with confused eyes. It was one of the few times I had seen him with a visible emotion in his eyes. He usually hid all of his emotions. 

"What are you talking about, Liberty?" He asked, sighing. 

"I'm talking about you ordering some guy to spy on me." I snapped, slamming my hands on his desk. Rage filled every part of my body. I was out for blood. 

His eyes widened, no doubt believing I wouldn't notice the guy. Yeah, buddy. Wrong. 

"Liberty —," 

"Don't Liberty me," I interrupted him, angrily. "I thought we had an agreement—a quid pro quo. I stay here, freely and in return, I translate the book for you." 

Alpha Gabriel leaned back in his fancy chair and rubbed the back of his neck. Tiredness was evident on his handsome face. If I wasn't so full of rage, I would feel sorry for him. 

He had no words. There is nothing he could say that would justify it. The truth was simple: he didn't trust me. 

I had been here a while and I hadn't made a move to prove my unworthiness of his trust. I had spent my time keeping my head down. 

"You're an asshole," I stated, too annoyed to even think of the repercussions. Insulting an Alpha is a death wish. Did I care? Right now, no. 

His eyes hardened and he curled his fingers together into a fist. I could see he was trying not to show his aggression. Why? Most Alpha's wouldn't give it a second thought. They would attack somebody who disrespected them instantly.