(10) I Have My Eyes On You

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss." The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, 2008

Word count: 2603 

NERVES seized my body

Somebody was outside with me, watching me. Waiting. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat nervously and slowly stepped forward. My eyes scoured the area, searching for any signs of life. 

Glowing eyes locked onto mine. 

They were situated in the forest, next to a tree. I couldn't take my eyes away, no matter how much I wanted to. They had me under their spell. 

Whose eyes were they? Was this just some wild creature or was it a wolf? 

But then again, why would a wolf be out here? There was a party inside so why would a wolf be out here? 

The animal treaded forward and came into view, properly. 

As I suspected, it was a wolf. A large, dark-haired wolf with piercing eyes and an intimidating aura. There was only one person around here with an aura like that — Alpha Gabriel. 

Could it really be him? If it was, then why was he out here? Surely, he should be inside, celebrating Eden's return. After all, she could be his Luna. 

His wolf did nothing but stare at me. Most would find it alarming and would probably run for the hills but I didn't. Strangely, I didn't feel worried that he was in wolf form, outside, late at night. 

There were those thoughts again. 

Why was I so sure Alpha Gabriel wouldn't hurt me? He didn't owe me anything — he could try and kill me any time he wanted to. 

Neither of us made a move. We both continued to share eye contact, refusing to back down. 

His eyes were so alluring. I could stare into them all day if I wanted to. They captured all of my attention and forced me to stare into their endless depths. I was in a trance and couldn't climb my way out of it, no matter how hard I tried.