(36) Suspicious Minds

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"True friends are always together in spirit." — Anne of Green Gables, 1985

Word count: 1552

The song above is Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley 

"I must admit, seeing you and Alpha Gabriel getting cozy is nice," Sabrina commented as we walked away from the training grounds

"I must admit, seeing you and Alpha Gabriel getting cozy is nice," Sabrina commented as we walked away from the training grounds. Everybody was covered in sweat and was panting. Today, the session was more intense than usual. My light blonde hair was plastered to my forehead and I was sure I smelt. 

Sabrina was in the same state as me. 

"What do you mean?" I queried, glancing at her. Her cheeks were flushed a bright pink color from the exertion we had just performed. 

Gomez, her mate, didn't seem at all fazed by it. Then again, he trained regularly. 

"Well, you know I said Alpha Gabriel would never take a mate," She stated, reminding me. "And since that is all I ever heard about Alpha Gabriel, everyone always thought he'd be alone and unhappy." 

I frowned, my heart aching for Gabriel. 

"But he...dated Eden," I had to force the words out of my mouth. They tasted like cement still. I had no ill feelings for Eden — she was alone and lost — but it still hurt to think about her with him. 

"Yeah, but nothing changed with him. Being with her only caused him more stress." She explained, sighing. I knew she cared about Eden a lot. "With you, it's different. I've never seen him like that before." 

I still didn't know where Sabrina was going with this. Gabriel was still the same. 

"Sabrina, you've lost me," I told her.

She exhaled and rolled her eyes. "Alpha Gabriel is happy. Sure, he's obviously stressed with everything happening but with you, it's like he's complete. I don't think I've ever seen him smile before. I don't think I've ever seen him take an interest in anything other than pack work. That's all because of you."