(29) Frightening Revelations

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I wish I had done everything on earth with you." — The Great Gatsby, 2013

Word count: 2145

I spent the next few days teaching the warriors a few moves. I barely saw Gabriel, Blade, Sabrina, or Gomez. They all stayed locked in the office.

When I did eventually see Gabriel, his face appeared stressed.

His scrunched-up features stared into my jade orbs momentarily but then darted elsewhere.

I stepped closer to him, my eyes peering up. His intoxicating scent washed over me and made my nose flare. The more time we spent together, the stronger the bond became. It was driving me insane. It must be doing the same to him.

An image of Gabriel choking flashed before my eyes and caused me to flinch. I was terrified, I wouldn't lie. Not of him — he couldn't hurt me even if he tried to — but for him.

That dream felt so real. I'm convinced it was a vision. I was being shown the future — someone wanted to kill Gabriel. I would not let that happen, I couldn't.

Gabriel noticed my actions and probably sensed my fear because he cocked his head to the side.

"What's wrong?" He asked, evaluating the expression on my face.

I pinched my lips together, feigning nonchalance, "Nothing, I promise. I'm just tired."

"Excuses like that won't work on me, Liberty," He warned, reminding me that he's my αδελφή ψυχή. He would always be able to know when I was lying.

I could use glamour on myself to hide my feelings but I'm sure he would know I wasn't being honest. I mentally scowled at the mate bond. I couldn't hide anything from him.

"I'm not ready to talk about it, Gabriel," I replied. I should tell him — I don't even know what's stopping me. He could help but I don't want him to be worried. He needs to be focused on planning the fight against the Delta-Moon.