(32) New Beginnings

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I can't remember anything without you," Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, 2004

Word count: 2594

GABRIEL found me shortly after Jacob left

I sensed his desperate presence immediately. Stiffening, I inhaled before climbing to my feet and turning around to face him.

He must have shifted from his large wolf form into his human body because he was without a shirt. His impressive body was on full display and it made my mind go wild.

With great effort, I tore my eyes away from his chest to his handsome face.

There were so many emotions swirling in his grey orbs. When he opened his mouth to speak, he choked, struggling to find the right words.

He didn't know I had already forgiven him. He didn't know I had seen everything and knew it wasn't his fault. According to Jacob, Gabriel was terrified of losing me.

A part of me wanted to believe this so badly. He was my mate and I was his — surely, he wanted me as I wanted him. But he found it difficult to express his feelings. I couldn't blame him but it made things in our lives more complicated.

I stepped forward, my hard expression melting.

Gabriel furrowed his bushy eyebrows together, cautious about what I was doing. Still, I continued moving closer to him until I was mere inches from him. His intoxicating scent filled my nose and calmed my racing heart.

Peering into his grey orbs, I momentarily lost the main thought I had circulating in my head.

Gabriel opened his mouth and spoke in an unsteady voice. "Libby, I —"

I interrupted him before he could finish. "It's okay. I saw what happened. She sprung on you — you didn't want it. I'm not angry at you."

Relief flashed in his orbs. He released a long breath, flickering his eyes up to the sky as if to thank the gods above.