(35) Tough Times

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light." — Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban, 2004

Word count: 2189

THE days rolled into one. 

I woke up and did the same routine over and over again. Wake up next to Gabriel — I had essentially moved into his room — eat breakfast, train, spend time with my brothers and Gabriel, train some more, and sleep. 

It was dull and frustrating. My head felt like it was going to explode with the amount of information and arguments I had suffered through. 

Declan had opened a portal back home and retrieved the book he had read so long ago. He discovered the man who betrayed the wolves was called Zaegan. At first, I thought nothing of the name but after some time thinking, there was something oddly familiar about it. Once more, one day, Declan had accidentally spilled water on one of the blank pages of the book and found missing text. 

Zaegan, before he had brutally and coldly murdered the wolves, had lived in our realm. He wasn't a fae. In fact, he was a werewolf and was close to the wolves. 

He had kidnapped a few innocent fae's and brought them back to the human realm. Disgustingly, he had tortured them, attempting to take their powers. It appeared he was a man who strived for power and didn't care how he got it. 

Whilst visiting my realm, Declan had asked father questions. It was an awkward task since our parents and Morpheus were dealing with a potential war with the Dark Fae. 

Our father revealed he had once overheard his parents talking about what had happened. He was a little child at the time and thought nothing of it. It was only after mother used a memory charm to sift through his memories that she discovered Zaegan had sought help from a few disgraced witches. They tried to perform a spell to take fae's immortality.