(23) Blast From The Past

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I can't see anything I don't like about you." — Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, 2004

Word count: 2500

"MY god, you haven't aged a day," He blurted out, stunned

"MY god, you haven't aged a day," He blurted out, stunned. His kind eyes assessed me from head to toe in awe.

It had been so long since I last saw him. Over fifty years to be exact.

During that time, he had really lived his life.

I always wondered what happened to him. I hoped he would have had a happy life.

The three others bounced their inquisitive gazes between us, eager to ask questions but also reluctant to ruin this moment. Instead, they watched the scene unfold.

"It's been a while," I muttered, sadly.

Michael nodded his head, smiling softly. He was always a gentle soul. Even now, I could see he hadn't let that characteristic disappear.

"Roughly fifty years, huh?" He replied, letting it slip. The cat was already out of the bag, though. I couldn't lie about how I met him.

They'd know I wasn't a witch. Witches age like humans. Half-witches would never have that ability.

Sabrina's hazel eyes that she shared with her grandfather widened as big as saucers. Even Beta Blade appeared lost and unsure.

"Grandad?" He asked, keeping his voice quiet. "How do you know Liberty? She's...you couldn't have met that long ago."

I had never seen him talk like that before. Where was the stone-cold, pissed-off Beta? Perhaps around family, he let his mask fall off. Or maybe was just stunned.

Michael silently asked me for permission to tell them. They were family after all. Either way, they'd know the truth.

I couldn't lie to them — especially Alpha Gabriel. Just thinking about him made my heart stutter painfully. He was my αδελφή ψυχή.