(41) Trauma

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you." — Ghost, 1990

Word count: 1558

"WHAT is this?" I asked, staring at a dumbstruck Carrie

"WHAT is this?" I asked, staring at a dumbstruck Carrie. Her dark brown orbs scanned the room and its occupants, never falling on Liberty's lying form.

"Don't act stupid now, Alpha Gabriel," Aziel taunted, pushing Carrie forwards. "She's the traitor and the person who poisoned Liberty."

Carrie gasped, crossing her arms over her stomach in a protective manner, trying to appear smaller.

"It was you?" I spat, staring at her in a cold, unforgiving manner.

She shrank under my gaze, flitting her eyes from one side to another.

"Oh, yes. She was the one who told Delta-Moon everything and was the one who poisoned Liberty." Aziel confirmed, smirking. "Quite sly, don't you think? She sure knew how to fool all of you."

This time, Blade was the one who stepped up, "But Carrie, you've been with us for years. Why would you betray us?"

She inhaled shakily, her body trembling. I have never seen her so fragile before. She always seemed submissive but strong.

"If you don't answer him, you will be sent to the cells, Carrie," I threatened, my mind conscious of Liberty and her dire state.

She shuddered at the mere thought of the cells, which was intimidating to any wolf.

"I — I had to. They m-made me," She stuttered, terrified.

Sabrina, sympathetic towards Carrie, stood from her seat and approached her. She wrapped a comforting arm around Carrie's quaking shoulders, encouraging her to continue.

"I escaped from Delta-Moon years ago after I found out my mate chose to marry my sister's best friend. My sister — Annika — ushered me to leave, hoping it would help me move on." She said, bitterly. I was surprised to hear that Carrie had already found her mate but that they had rejected her — choosing someone else instead. "For years, I didn't hear anything from her."