(14) Cold Heart?

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."  — Casablanca, 1942

Word count: 2741  

A few days had passed since my encounter with my beloved brother and not a lot changed

A few days had passed since my encounter with my beloved brother and not a lot changed. I studied the book — which only seemed to describe the interrogation methods the two wolves went under. 

To hear what my great grandfather did to those two wolves was horrid. I couldn't believe the man I remembered could be like that. It seemed so insane. 

I also spent my days avoiding Eden at all costs. I later discovered she was helping Alpha Gabriel with his work. Strangely, I felt incredibly annoyed by this. She was not the rightful Luna. Everyone here knew they weren't mates. Still, it was what the pack wanted. 

It was a week later when Morpheus came back to the mortal realm. I spotted him in the woods on my morning walk. He once again used glamour to disguise himself. His green eyes shone with exhaustion. 

As soon as I saw him, I embraced him in a comforting hug. He inhaled my scent and let out a long breath. 

He did not come to bring me good news. 

"Just tell me what it is," I said to him. There was no point beating around the bush. I wanted him to give it to me at once. 

"Prince Aziel refused the proposition I offered him," He revealed, stepping away from me.

My mouth felt dry and an uneasy flutter settled in my stomach. 

"What did you offer?" I wondered, my voice tinged with nervousness. Morpheus never did tell me what he planned to do. 

He kept a straight face, refusing to let his true emotions show. It was something he had to learn when he became King. He couldn't let people know what he was really feeling.