Sixty Six

-Way Down We Go-

-oh father tell me-

-do we get what we deserve-

The Malfoys and Aunt Bella were severely punished after what happened at the Manor. The Dark Lord almost never forgives and certainly never forgets, so with his rage came a lot of blood shed from Vena's left arm.

It had gotten so bad that she had to have wrappings around her arm at all times. The Manor had been on lockdown, with the only ones permission to leave was the twins to return to school.

They didn't receive the privilege of riding the Hogwarts Express, and instead had to floo into Snape's office.

A week after returning to school, the Dark Lord still had not gotten over losing Harry. Vena's arm would constantly bleed for over three hours, only for it to stop for around an hour. Then once the hour was up, her arm would bleed again.

It was a vicious cycle, and Vena had decided to give up on taking blood replenishing potions. The more potions she took the more her arm bled, and she didn't have enough resources to make up for the ones she already took.

It wasn't the most logical thing to do, as she certainly didn't have enough blood that her body needed, but Vena was tired of losing blood.

The less blood in her body the less it would bleed. Or at least that's what she told herself. Bleeding all the time was exhausting.

It seemed that not only would her mark bleed when the Dark Lord would call for his followers, but also when he punished them. And he punished his followers a lot.

For two whole days, she didn't take any blood replenishing potions. Her arm still bled, and she was ghostly pale and lightheaded, but she was managing just fine.

Or she was, until she was in Charms and her arm started to bleed, and she promptly passed out on the floor.

She doesn't remember what happened after that, just that her mind was beautiful. The flowers were in full bloom, and the sky was blue and cloudless.

Sadly, Harry wasn't there. Vena wondered what happened to him. She craved for his company.

She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light. She wasn't in the Room of Requirement, as the room was mostly dim with only a few lamps. Judging by the feel of the mattress underneath her, she deduced that she was in the hospital wing.

Madam Promfrey must be happy to get a patient, as many students weren't granted access to stay in the hospital wing, as they needed permission from the Carrows to get medical treatment.

Vena assumed that Madam Promfrey has had less than twenty students the whole term.

It seemed that she was also granted visitors, as Draco was sleeping in the chair beside her bed. He angled his chair towards the bed and was headfirst plopped into the mattress, which couldn't possibly be comfortable for his back.

Grinning mischievously, Vena reached behind her and grabbed a pillow, smacking him upside the head.

"What the fuck..." he grumbled, lifting up his head.

He blinked sleepily, until his eyes went into focus. Seeing his sister awake made Draco wake up immediately.

He kissed the top of her head before standing up. "I'll go fetch Madam Promfrey."

As he left, Vena examined the hospital wing. It saddened her that the usually busy wing was only reduced to one other occupant.

It must've been incredibly lonely for Madam Promfrey, as she used to have so many patients. Every time someone would come into the hospital wing, there would be at least four other students in the wing as well.