Eighteen

-Tobacco Sunburst-

-looking in your green eyes-

-never knew i'd need your help-

Vena really wished she didn't become a Beater.

It wasn't the worst thing is the world, but the team had no hope of winning the Quidditch cup, and every practice felt like time would stop. And not in the good way. Time stopped in an excruciatingly, agonizing, torturous pause.

Practice would drag on and on, with Weasley not being able to block goals and Andre Kirke being absolutely shit at his position.

It was a nightmare.

A complete nightmare.

And in Vena's opinion, having practice six in the morning on a Saturday should be illegal. Vena felt like she was going to fall asleep on her broom.

It didn't help that Angelina gave up all hope in optimism, which effected everyone's moods. In Vena's opinion, practice felt a lot like detention.

Katie and Alicia would roll their eyes every two minutes, and Ginny would space out half of the time. Andrew Kirke was how he always was- completely useless- and Weasley had no confidence whatsoever.

Vena would delve into her mind sometimes, just to pass the time. All of these things would result in Angelina yelling at them, which made them want to do it even more.

Needless to say, practice wasn't enjoyable.

To make matters even worse, Vena had her appointment with McGonagoll on career advice. Vena had no idea what she wanted to do after Hogwarts.

She knew that she was good in all of her subjects, and extremely talented in Potions. But no occupation really seemed to stick out to Vena.

"Oof!"

Vena was on the ground. She must've been spacing out for too long. The ground felt really nice though, and Vena didn't want to get up. She stared at the sky while the rest of the team came flying down.

Ouch.

The pain had finally kicked in, and Vena knew that she would have a gigantic bruise on the outside of her thigh, which was where she was hit.

"Sorry," she winced, screwing her face up in pain.

It certainly wasn't the worst injury she's ever gotten, but since she wasn't paying attention the shock of it all made it feel much more painful.

Vena could see Angelina look at the other players, all who had tired, irritated looks on their faces. Her captain sighed. "Alright, I think we've done as much as we can today. Just be ready for the match in a couple days. Got it?"

The others nodded, and Vena pushed her body up so she was sitting up. When she was trying to stand up, and hand stuck out in front of her. She grabbed it without looking, and was shocked to see that Weasley was the one who had helped her out.

"Thanks," she said gratefully.

Weasley shrugged his shoulders. "No problem."

She smiled politely at him, and picked up her bat and broom. They walked back to the changing rooms in silence, but it wasn't as awkward as Vena thought it would be.

Both of them seemed to be lost in their thoughts, anyway.

They were the only two left in the changing rooms, so Vena had waited for Weasley to finish up so they could walk back to the castle together. The walk to the castle was silent like the walk to the changing rooms, but like before it wasn't terrible.