Sixteen

-Visions Of Gideon-

-for the love, for the laughter-

-i flew up into your arms-

"What do you mean?" Harry asked impatiently.

Vena fiddled with her necklace nervously, not sure how Harry will react to her secret.

She tried to shrug nonchalantly, but she wasn't sure if it came off that way. "I helped you out, back in second year. With the baskilisk."

"I'm confused," Harry said, his brow furrowing.

Vena stood up, and went to sit on the other end of the sofa that Harry sat in.

She crossed her legs, rested her back on the armrest, and leaned to her left so she could prop her arm to hold her head up. "It's a long story. But I'm sure we have enough time if you are able to stay awake."

Harry smiled. "I'm all yours."

**********

Vena was excited for her second year at Hogwarts. While she didn't have any friends in her house, she was excited to see her friends from the other houses. Of course, she had seen Theo, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle plenty of times over the summer, and of course, her brother as well.

But Vena was also excited to see Stella, her secret friend that her parents didn't know about. She knew that they would throw a fit if they found out that she was friends with a Half-blood. Vena and Stella have spent the whole summer exchanging letters, and couldn't wait to see each other again.

Not only that, but her god-father Snape had told her mother that Vena could practice Occlumency this year. She had some trouble controlling her mind, and she was eager to learn the intricacies the mind holds.

Her mind was a jumbled mess, and the only thing that was similar to Occlumency was that no one could enter her mind unless she wanted them too. She was excited to develop her mind further this term, which made Vena unable to contain her excitement.

She walked down the hallway that led to the library, passing her father's study.

She wanted to be prepared, and had decided to read some books that talked about Occlumency. If she understood the theory, it would make the practical portion much easier. She was in blissful ignorance until she heard urgent whispers coming from her parents.

The door was cracked open, and if she squinted Vena could see the figures of her parents. They stood across from the desk, with her father holding what appeared to be a diary.

"I think we should open the chamber. Just as the Dark Lord wished to do before his downfall," her father said.

"But why now, Lucius? The Dark Lord is dead, you need nought to continue to do his bidding," her mother replied, concerned.

"If I plant this book, Mud-bloods will be exterminated from Hogwarts. The basilisk that has been hiding in the chamber will be eager to remove the vermin that has been infesting the school. Parents will be terrified for their kids safety, and Dumbledore will be given a bad reputation as unfit to lead Hogwarts. And who knows, maybe the baskilisk will take out Harry Potter if given the chance," her father said.

"But who will you give the book to?" her mother asked.

Her father smirked, and rested the book on the desk. "Perhaps I'll give it to one of the Weasley children. I've been eager to put shame to Arthur Weasley."