Seventeen

-Bloom-

-you fill my lungs with sweetness-

-and you fill my head with you-

With Dumbledore gone, Umbridge had become the headmistress of Hogwarts. Which meant that Vena still had to be a part of the Inquisitor Squad.

It was a nightmare.

She was forced to wear that stupid badge at all times, and pretend that the dirty looks from other students didn't affect her. Despite Vena using Occlumency to bury the dirty looks from her peers, she still couldn't ignore the fact that everyone looked like they wanted to punch her.

At least Draco was having fun. He antagonized Harry, Ron, and Hermione, with his new position, and got joy from deducting points from Gryffindor.

Vena made sure to add back all of the points Gryffindor lost when she was by herself.

It didn't really work though, because the next morning, all of the points would disappear again. She thinks that Draco is just doing it to spite her. And Vena had a suspicion that Theo was in on it as well. She wouldn't put it past either of them.

Umbridge's reign of terror had gotten so terrible that the Weasley twins decided to take action. They had spent the whole year getting kids to try out their new products, and had given demonstrations in the common room.

Once, one of them (Vena still couldn't tell them apart) had tried to sneak her a Puking Pastile, which she had shoved in their mouth in retaliation. Needless to say, the twins avoided using Vena for their experiments.

A very special addition to their growing business was fireworks. Vena had no idea how they managed to make them in school without anyone ever knowing, but she had to hand it to them.

Through the grapevine of gossip, Vena had found out that Fred and George were behind the firework prank. The fireworks were exploding the whole day, which meant that Umbridge and Filch would chase after them trying to expel them.

Vena thinks that all of the Professors were qualified and talented enough to get rid of them, but they had called for Umbridge every time they heard one go off.

Vena and Stella had to stifle their laughter when Flitwick, a wizard who was extremely capable of getting rid of the fireworks, had called for Umbridge because he didn't know if he 'had the authority'. She loved it when Flitwick was feeling particularly petty.

With Fred and George's prank and the Professors silently rebelling, other students had begun standing up to not only Umbridge, but to other Slytherins as well. They were not afraid to make comments towards them, and even Vena had been subjected to a few rude opinions.

Vena would've been more offended if it wasn't amazing to see students go against the wrongdoers of the school. And she couldn't necessarily blame them; even though Vena had never abused her powers, or used them at all for that matter, she still wore the badge every day.

Besides, this was for her father. This was to get Umbridge to adore her, so the Ministry would back up her family in case her father was ever caught.

Not only were rude comments made, but some students had even gone as far as 'taking' Slytherins, and hiding them Merlin knows where. Vena is sure that it constitutes kidnapping, and those students should definitely be punished, but it was still funny.

She's just lucky that neither her nor her friends were one of these students that were kidnapped. Draco told her that he hasn't seen Montague in two weeks.