Chapter 27

Third Person POV:

Rain. Clouded water drips down, sliding along the waxy tree top leaves. It's been a long time since the duo have seen rain; however, neither of them welcomed it. Thankfully, it was a light spit, keeping them relatively dry. Armen silently watches each droplet as they quickly crash on his hand. Grayson leans on a tree, hoping none will land on him. Drake lies there silently whilst splashes of rain streak down his face. An hour or so has passed since the blonde knocked the hybrid out, he's been lying there as still as a rock. So still they checked his pulse five times just in case. He is alive, and that point is proven as the mage flickers his discoloured eyes, shielding them with a hand before painfully sitting up, rubbing his head where a faint bruise will form. 

"Urgh... what happened...?" he mummers to himself.

This grabs the attention of the other two, now cautious of their next move. The raven haired boy nods towards the older to carry on the conversation.

"Drake." Grayson says, "What's the last thing you remember?"

He blinks a couple of times as he thinks back, "I... we were at the Red Keep then we were away from it..." he trails off, unable to remember the rest, "Did something happen?"

The blonde glances towards Armen, "Nothing really, Armen just hurt his wrist."

"You hurt your wrist?" Drake instantly comments, his eyes land on his sash which is now rapped around his neck and arm, the hybrid knows it's worse than they're claiming, "Are you okay? How bad is it?" 

The youngest looks away, "I'm fine, it's not that bad, I can still move it." his consistent lies fail to convince Drake. 

"Are you sure? Can you move it now?" he presses.

Armen closes his eyes and sighs, "Yes. I'm sure, I just don't want to move it right now."

"But-"

"Drop it. It's fine." the boy snaps back in a monotone voice, still processing what truly happened. 

Silence. The three feel the tension in the air as the rain starts to fasten its decent. The blonde is the first to speak up, wanting a distraction from the present. 

"Now that everyone's awake. We need to get going. There should be a village up North which is separate from the empire. We should be able to rest and restock there." he commands.

He doesn't wait for an answer; he just ploughs heading on a one way track with a one-tracked mind. This attitude leaves the two brothers behind, one scared of the other, and the other scared of himself. Despite all of the confusion. Despite all of the complications. Despite all of the pain. They carry on, heading for a destination holding their faulty hope.

~~~~

A yellow alstroemeria, otherwise known as a lily of the Incas, rests peacefully in a lone pot, happily soaking its regular water supply in the dry palace. The glowing white eyes stare at it in an unknown guilt before sighing, turning towards the door. Waiting for an old friend to barge through his fragile doors.

"What the fuck were you thinkin'!?" a tall brunette yells, bursting through the closed doors in her short and messy clothes, "You promised you wouldn't hurt Armen, yet you did it anyway!"

"Hurt is an overstatement." he claims with little to no empathy.

"You broke 'is bloody arm!"

"Fractured."

"Same fuckin' thing!" she gives out an angry huff as they storms around the room, "Anyway, you said you couldn' do 'hat weird mind t'ing twice a day."