Chapter 45

Drake's POV:

Shooting my eyes open I grasp my chest as spikes of fresh air fills my lungs. It takes me a bit to take everything in as my heart continues to pump. Taking some deep breaths I look around the area and I get hit with Déjà vu. 

"Why am I back here?" I mutter as I peer over the bridge the cyan water while purple and blue eyes glare back at me.

The spruce bridge links the two lands of pine forests with dead strands covering the ground with a brown tint, the midday sun shines down, sending sparks of light reflecting off the glistening water to the dying trees. Heading left, I pass through a tunnel that digs into the hill side, repetitive supports of wooden pillars prevent the stone from collapsing in on me whilst barrels and maps are littered around, showing pictures of people and houses that I recognise but don't remember. 

Exiting the tunnel the sun is no longer up, but is now replaced with the moon only for that to disappear behind a menacing cloud, rendering the night black and blue. Chills run down my spine as I look along the separating paths that are encompassed by the forever growing trees. Off in the distance similar houses are empty with lights and doors open with red tints decorating them, nearest to the river there's an empty shell with no roof and the remaining walls are broken, chipped and chard, past the point of repair. On the overgrown floor, someone is sitting there, head in their arms with their back against the wall. Cautiously approaching I become less afraid as I recognise the brunette hair and the ragged, blue clothes with a black streaks slowly devouring him.

The sound of my steps alert him as he looks up, his eyes are still a rich blue despite his weakened appearance.

"Drake?" His voice wavers as he slightly coughs.

"Collin." I respond, slumping down next to him he looks confused.

"What- what are you doing here?" He questions, propping himself up.

"I don't know. Didn't you bring me here?"

He hesitates before looking down, "No... if I did we wouldn't be here." He mutters sourly.

I look around, it's very eery and unfriendly, but I guess it's more mystical in the day, "I recognise this place... yet I don't remember ever visiting here, in the real world I mean..."

"Well yeah. This place has probably rotten away by now..." he claims casually. Sighing, he peers over to a certain corner of the room, "This is... it's where Armen and I actually lived, before Hero messed everything up..."

Shocked, I look around, if Collin lived here surely I'd remember some of it... then again, my memory is already messed up with current events, "The house you know of, the village you remember was... I think it was a mock up, a replacement once this place became unusable..." picking up a charred slice of wood he leans forward and starts to draw shapes. Three squares with a star on it are surrounded by other smaller squares.

"Armen, Me, Grayson and Luke. We were all friends that'd play around and get into trouble... then... then Armen found this book and I... I was drawn to it and couldn't... couldn't..." he pauses, hands slightly trembling before he clasps the wooden slice, "After that he chose to mess up our memories, our friends, our life. He decides to burn this place to the ground and start a new without ones who went against him."

Snap! The chard slice in his hand breaks, forcing him to let go and watch them drop down on the ground. Does he blame himself?  No matter how hard I could try, I doubt memories would appear considering I was never there... maybe I could ask- wait, no. In the end I won't remember this nor would the others . Crossing my arms I sigh as I glance up at the swaying trees. Even if my house isn't the 'real' house, it's my home. My chest rises and falls at a calming rate as I feel my eyes start to droop... but a vigorous cough forces me to return my gaze to the situation.