Chapter 41

Drake's POV:

I've been awake for a while, letting the movement sway, throw and push me in all directions as to not alert the soldiers. There's a bag over my head and my hands are tied harshly, it's not ideal... I can't tell if the others are awake as it's been overly rowdy with the mix of the soldiers cheers and chats whilst the vehicle constantly collides with whatever is on the road. 

||𝙹⚍ ᓭ⍑𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ⚍ᓭᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᒲᔑ⊣╎ᓵ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᒷᓭᓵᔑ!¡ᒷ.

Saying it for the fourth time won't change my mind. 

I have the opportunity to escape, to teleport out of here before it's too late... however, not only would I be leaving everyone behind, but there's a chance I would end up in the middle of nowhere. Without sight or a sense of direction, teleporting could cause more harm then good, it might even put them in danger...   

ʖ⚍ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑリ ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ʖᔑᓵꖌ ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ, ||𝙹⚍'ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ ╎リ ᔑリ↸ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ , ᓭᔑ⍊╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡ᔑꖎᔑᓵᒷ.

I have no clue what that place looks like- I can't.

After Iron Mere I always wanted to observe the Empire, the tales and stories of the vast knowledge of magic and the gardens that were a sight to behold... but after meeting Grayson again, I realised that those tales were simply fiction, a story to keep others in line or gain control over others. Even if they have mages and gardens, it's not enough to save them from a war... or so I'm told. I guess I'll finally find out.

||𝙹⚍ ᓭ⍑𝙹⚍ꖎ↸リ'ℸ ̣. ⊣𝙹 ʖᒷ⎓𝙹∷ᒷ ╎ℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ℸ ̣ 𝙹𝙹 ꖎᔑℸ ̣ ᒷ- ʖᒷ⎓𝙹∷ᒷ ⍑ᒷ-

"OI! Stop squirming around you pipsqueak- otherwise we'll cripple you as well." a loud, booming shout rattles the walls as I hover for a split second, before crashing down with the vehicle. Is that Armen? 

"Why did they have to wake up now? I want to seem cool whilst exiting with them-" 

"How does their state change that? You'll be lame either way-"

A bustling gasp and back and fourth mockery continues as the movement seems to soften and slow down, but the noise increases. Cheering and yelling filters through as I feel slaps and bangs on my back where I rest against the wall. The vibrations circle and pass through me as the noise continues and the movement stops. 

↸∷ᔑꖌᒷ. !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ... ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ⊣𝙹. ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭ ||𝙹⚍∷ ꖎᔑᓭℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᔑリᓵᒷ.

Ignoring him, a sharp grab clutches around my arm as I'm holstered up I bash my head on the low roof, wincing as my head starts to throb. 

"Told you he was awake."
"Then why was he pretending?"
"Who cares, just get him out of here."

I'm shoved and pushed as my feet stumble around. A sudden burst of light pierces the bag as my body come in contact with the ground, a loud gasp surfs silences the cheers before I'm pulled back onto my feet.

"What's that?"
"Looks like a monster."
"Is he part of that cult?"
"Mommy can I have that?"
"What a weirdo."

Murmurs of insults fade away as I'm hurried along, my feet coming in contact with a smooth yet rough surface that's colder than any lake I've been in. It then changes to a smoother texture as we start to climb, odd bits of grass tickle my toes until we reach a stop. I can hear the struggles of my friends as their clothes rustle against the grips of the enemy. A loud creek dazes my ears with a hum before we step inside, walking across a fuzzy and warm texture I'm thrown down onto my knees.