you're sick

"Are you sure you're feeling alright? You feel clammy and warm." Jihyo said as she rubbed your back. You lied on your side with your back facing her and your knees close to your chest.

You were sweating and the pain in your stomach was intense, causing groans to fall from your lips.

It broke Jihyo's heart to see you hurting so much. She was trying to do her very best to help you and to make you feel better, but everything she did only ended in vain.

"Y/n? Anything, baby?"

"No." You mumbled in response and squeezed your eyes shut. "I just want to sleep, Jihyo."

"Okay. I understand." She said as she leaned over to kiss the back of your neck. "Rest up. If you need anything, I'm here with you."

You just nodded weakly and took some deep breaths to try to ease the nauseous feeling that was growing more intense. You knew it was only a matter of time until you got sick, but you hoped you could pull through until Jihyo got to sleep.

But you were shifting around uncomfortably n in her worried state, Jihyo couldn't fall asleep, no matter how much she tried. She lied awake, restless and concerned.

She continued to rub your back and even sank her teeth into her lip as your groans and whimpers kept breaking her heart.

She moved closer to you and peeked over to see if your eyes were open or closed. She hoped you were close to falling asleep, but she saw your eyes squeezed shut and the pinch of your eyebrows from the discomfort you felt.

"Y/n? Are you feeling worse?"

You didn't give her a verbal response. Instead, you jumped to your feet with a groan. You rushed to the bathroom, where you just barely me it before you started to get sick.

Jihyo was on her feet in a heartbeat, needing behind you to comfort you through it and hold back your hair for you.

She rubbed your back, her nails applying slight pressure in hopes that it'd help you to feel a little better.

"I'm here. I've got you. Just let it out."

It was an agonizing few minutes. Every time you thought, and desperately hoped, you were done, your mouth was watering or the taste on your tongue made you sick again.

But once your stomach settled you leaned against Jihyo and let her hold you as you caught your breath. Her embrace brought you comfort, the touch of her hand making the agony somewhat better.

"You okay?"

"I don't know."

She reached up to feel your forehead and although she played it off as her caressing your forehead to soothe you, you knew she was checking to see if you had a fever.

"You're warm." She mumbled quietly before moving her hand to your shoulder. "How do you feel? Still feeling sick?"

"No. I feel a little better. I just don't want to move."

"I understand, baby." She spoke softly. "But we should get you to bed. You'll feel better tucked under the warm blankets and get some sleep."

"Okay." You mumbled, eyes already getting heavy and closing on you.

"Can you brush your teeth?"

You shrugged.

"Can you hold me while I do?"

"Of course I can, y/n." She said as she kissed your cheek lovingly then stood up before helping you to your feet.

She helped you to the sink and held you while you brushed your teeth, her grip on you secure but not right.

She helped you to bed and tucked you in before grabbing you some water and laying down with you. This time, you were laying on your back, allowing for her to gaze at you and caressing your warm cheek.

"You're warm still, but not burning up, thankfully. Do you feel sick at all? Is there anything you need, baby?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you for asking and for taking care of me. I love you."

She laid a lingering kiss on your cheek before pulling away and watching you as you drifted off to sleep.

"I love you too. Feel better soon, my love. If you need anything, I'm right here." She whispered and closed her eyes to fall asleep beside you, hoping that you'd wake up feeling a little better after some rest.