she forgets your anniversary (requested)

"Good morning, Jihyo!" You said happily as you snuck up behind her and gave her a hug.

Your hands were on her hips, your lips brushing against her shoulder as she stood at the counter, scrolling through her phone.

"Oh, you scared me." She chuckled before turning around to give you a sweet kiss. "Good morning to you too, baby girl."

You bit your lip as you looked her up and down. She was dressed in her sweats and one of her favorite shirts. She looked irresistible, making you wonder yet again how you got so lucky to have her.

Today marks two years since you got together. You still don't know what you did so right to ever deserve her. She's the greatest thing to ever happen to you and the love you have for her is inexpressible.

"So..." you paused and laid your cheek on her shoulder as she looked away from her phone to look at you. She put her arms around you and laid her head on yours. "What's the plan for today?"

"Practice... again." She sighed and you quickly pulled away with a frown.

"But... you said the day off."

"Did I?"

You nodded and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I really don't remember saying that. We've got so much to do I don't know why I'd take the day off." She said and put her phone in her pocket.

"You don't remember?" You asked and Jihyo could sense the sadness in your voice.

"Remember what, baby?"

You swallowed thickly, a lump in your throat upon the realization that she'd genuinely forgotten your second anniversary.

"Never mind." You said and forced a smile before giving her a kiss on her cheek. "Have a good day."

"Thanks, baby." She smiled and gave you a small kiss before grabbing her things and walking out the door.

She had just pulled out the driveway when she heard her phone begin to ring. She pulled over and noticed that it was Dahyun calling.

"Oh, hey, Dahyun. I'm just heading out to practice now, so if it's not important can it wait until I'm there?"

"Practice? What are you talking about? You're not coming into practice today."

"Yes, I am. Am I running late? Because I'm on my way-"

"No, Jihyo, you took this day off to spend it with
y/n.That's why I'm calling you in the first place! To congratulate the both of you on two years together and tell you that we all hope for many, many more to come."

"Anniversary... what?" She whispered to herself and looked at the day before dropping her forehead onto the steering wheel. "Oh, I just made the biggest mistake."

"Jihyo, don't tell me that you forgot."

"I didn't mean to. I just mixed up my days."

"Well, you've got some making up to do to your girl."

"Yeah, I do." She agreed before ending the call a few seconds later.

She drove off to a flower shop, making a special bouquet of all the flowers you love. After that, she made reservations at your favorite spot in town for tonight.

She was thinking of how she could make it all up to you and all the ways she could show you how much you've changed her life and how much she loves you.

But she felt like nothing could express it. Not even her words.

But she'd work on that last part. She had to make it up to you.

She drove home and rushed inside. She saw you on the sofa watching your favorite show.

"Hey, baby." She said and you turned your head at the sound of her voice. "Happy anniversary."

"You finally remembered?" You asked as she sat down beside you and put the bouquet on your lap.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry for forgetting in the first place."

"It's fine." You spoke sadly.

"No, it isn't. It's far from fine." She said as she gently cupped your cheek. "You are my everything. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You're so kind and so funny and I thank my lucky stars every single day for you. Because I can't imagine my life without you."

"Oh, Jihyo," you whispered softly as you watched her eyes fill with tears. They were ones of happiness as she poured her heart out to you and would watch you smile on occasion.

"You make everything better. I love you so much. I'm so sorry I forgot. I hope you know that this day is so important to me. I won't ever forget it, or anything else, ever again."

"I know, Jihyo. You get your days mixed up easily because you've always got a lot on your plate. I understand."

You cupped her cheeks and dropped your forehead onto hers.

"I love you too."

She smiled and pecked your lips.

"These flowers are so beautiful."

"Just like you." She said as your eyes locked.

She leaned in again, giving you a much longer and much sweeter kiss.

"I made reservations at your favorite spot tonight."

"I can't wait." You grinned and put your forehead on her shoulder. "Thank you, Jihyo."

"Anything for my girl. I love you so very much. Happy anniversary. The second of many."