you won't let go when she hugs you

You could tell Jihyo was frustrated as soon as she walked through the front door. Judging by the slam of the door and the way she was biting the inside of her cheek. Her gaze rested on her feet but only for a moment because upon hearing your footsteps on the stairs she lifted her head.

"Jihyo?" You mumbled. Your eyebrows were furrowed and there was a worried look in your eyes. She didn't seem angry, she just seemed worn out. So, without another word, you held your arms open for her and she happily began to walk toward you until they were circled around her.

She breathed out a sigh of relief and breathed in the smell of your body wash that lingered on your skin. It made her smile. It made her fast heartbeat slow, and even skip a beat here and there.

She lifted her head from the crook of your neck and tried to pull away. But your grip only tightened. Not enough to hurt her, but just to make your hold on her more secure than before.

She giggled happily, and even more so when you brushed your fingers along her sides playfully. "Stop it!" She laughed but you only shook your head and buried your lips in her hair to kiss across her head. You could smell her shampoo and you closed your eyes, basking in the same comfort she found when she buried her face in your neck just moments ago.

"Nope, never." You mumbled and hummed as you let your head fall to her shoulder. She giggled and stopped squirming in your embrace to lay her head on yours.

"You're amazing. You always know how to make me feel better." She whispered.

"Because I know you like the back of my hand. Sometimes, you just need a hug. You always do the same for me when I'm down or my day is long or terrible. I love hugging you and holding you close."

When you both lifted your heads she sent you a heartwarming smile before leaning in to give you a kiss. She let her lips linger on yours for a moment and then close to yours when you pulled away.

"Thank you." She mumbled, warm breath fanning against your lips before she leaned her forehead against yours.

"Anytime, my love."