terrible timing (requested)

You could feel it all catching up to you.

The exhaustion was starting to become overwhelming and as hard as you tried, your eyes just kept trying to close.

It's the worst timing ever considering your wife is literally in the middle of bringing a human into the world, but here you are; struggling to stay awake for it.

Jihyo is squeezing your hand tightly as the doctor encourages her to keep going and you're trying to do the same as you keep your lips close to her ear but it is just so hard to stay focused.

She threw her head back in exhaustion and tried to catch her breath as the pain continued to overwhelm her and the baby that the two of you have been waiting for continued to enter the world.

"Y/N?" She mumbled, seeing that you weren't completely there with her.

But it was hard.

Because it wasn't just the tiredness that was bothering you but now, you were feeling a little lightheaded.

You figured it was due to the lack of sleep and the fact that you haven't been drinking much water and having eaten since Jihyo first went into labor about nineteen hours ago.

And it's been almost an hour of her bringing the baby into the world, making it a total of twenty long and exhausting hours for you both.

Although you know this isn't about you and you wouldn't usually think about anyone but her and the baby in these moments, twenty hours spent wide awake without much water, no food, and no rest at all does take a toll on your body.

And it's catching up to you now, you can feel the dizziness and sleepiness getting to be too much.

"Are you okay?" Jihyo asked upon seeing you use your free hand to grip the bar on the bed.

"I'm okay." You breathlessly spoke. "Just keep going, baby. You can do it."

Jihyo squeezed her eyes shut and just as she was about to put her chin against her chest to keep going, she felt your hand slip out of hers before you hit the floor.

"Y/N!" She yelled before groaning. "You have horrible timing!"

A nurse rushed to you to check on you.

"A human is coming out of my body and you're the one passing out? Seriously? Get up!" She frustratingly said.

Just a moment later, as soon as your eyes opened, a tiny cry was heard and Jihyo let out a breath of relief.

"Finally."

"I'm okay. I'm up, I'm up." You said. "Okay, baby, I'm here. I'm sorry about that. But I'm here with you. Keep going!"

She looked at you in anger.

"The baby is out." She said as the baby was placed on her chest.

And in that moment, everything faded away.

All you could see was the baby and your wife.

"Congratulations. It's a girl." The doctor smiled.

"We have a daughter." Jihyo grinned as she looked at you.

"She's perfect." You smiled through your tears. "I'm sorry about fainting. I was just exhausted. I know it's nothing compared to how you feel but-"

"It's okay." She interrupted. "I know you must be tired too. You've been by my side every step of the way. I understand. I'm not upset."

You sighed in relief.

"She's beautiful." You smiled and watched your daughter's eyes lock with yours.

"That's your mommy." Jihyo happily said. "And one day, we'll tease her together that she passed out and missed you entering the world."

You laughed and kissed Jihyo's forehead and then your daughter's.

"I love you both so much."