we'll try again soon - part two (requested)

Author's Note: Just like with part one, this chapter does contain possibly triggering content. The topic revolves around miscarriage and telling the girls. I know that can be a sensitive topic for some so please don't read this if that makes you uncomfortable. If you do though, I hope you enjoy it. I love you all 🩷

----------------------------

"So? What did you want to talk to us about?" Nayeon wondered as the girls all sat around your' and Jihyo's living room.

"Did you two get another ultrasound done? Do you have updated pictures?" Mina asked excitedly.

You stared at your lap as Jihyo fixed the blanket that you were covered up with and you two sat in silence.

It's been a couple of days since you and Jihyo lost the baby and it's been tough.

But what's even harder is sharing the news with the girls.

"No. We didn't." Jihyo said, replying to Mina's questions. "We won't be getting more ultrasound photos anymore either."

"What do you mean?" Tzuyu frowned.

You took a deep breath and gently grabbed Jihyo's hand in yours to hold it tightly as you prepared to say some of the hardest words you've ever spoken out loud before.

"We, uh," You said as tears filled your eyes. "A couple of days ago I was rushed to the hospital. I was bleeding."

The girls all felt their hearts sink and though they didn't say it out loud, they knew exactly where this was leading.

"We lost the baby." You sobbed.

"Oh, my god," Dahyun said and covered her mouth in shock.

"Y/N, Jihyo, we are so sorry," Chaeyoung spoke and you heard her voice crack.

"It's been very hard on us." Jihyo sniffled. "We've spent the last couple of days in bed, just trying to come to terms with everything and sobbing as we hold each other."

"We can't imagine what you two are dealing with right now. That's just terrible." Sana said as she wiped away a couple of tears.

"We just wanted you all to know. But it's been hard for us to find the strength to tell you because we know how much you all were excited to be aunts to this baby." You said as Jihyo held you tightly.

"We're all so heartbroken to hear about it," Momo said through her tears. "But you two are the ones that are struggling and hurting the most. Is there anything we can do?"

"Well, I have to talk to JYP and ask for a little time off to grieve," Jihyo said. "Y/N and I need each other more than ever right now."

"No, of course. We understand completely and we support you wholeheartedly." Jeongyeon said. "You know how much we love you both. If there's anything we can do, we'll do it in a heartbeat."

"Thank you." You sniffled and put your head on Jihyo's shoulder.

"Can we hug you?" Sana asked.

"Yeah. We'd like that a lot." Jihyo smiled through her tears.

The girls got up and hurried over to the two of you before they held you both gently but securely.

"We want to try again someday soon." You sniffled. "We need time, of course. But we want a baby so bad."

"It's going to happen someday, we just know it," Nayeon assured.

"Take all the time you need. We're here for you." Chaeyoung said.

"Thank you," Jihyo spoke as you all hugged each other tightly.

All you could do was hope that time would help ease the pain.

But you knew that it would be a little easier for you and Jihyo with the girls and their endless love and support.