Hallucinating

Riya's pov

I didn't know what to do with those flowers so I carried them home. But as my father saw the flowers he bombarded me with questions

"Where were you riya and who gave these flowers to you? " He asked.

I really feel guilty lying to him but I can't tell him or he will be worried Uncessarily.

"Dad actually I was feeling a little down so my friends decided to cheer me up so they gave me this" I said and it was partially true.

"Okay sweetie! But what happened? Why were you feeling low? " He asked again concerned

"I was just a little nervous regarding the results of the interview" I said truthfully.

"Don't worry princess everything will be alright" He said smiling.

I smiled weakly and walked off to my room. I kept the flowers and the chocolates on the bed and thought what to do now.

I think I should just forgive this stranger so that he doesn't send more stuff like this.

I picked up my phone and dialled the number it kept ringing but no one answered I again tried but still no one answered so I gave up and decided to leave a text.

"Hey...
I received the flowers and the chocolates you sent but there was really no need to do that I was just upset that you started yelling and that too for no reason but you don't have to send stuff like this in future anymore it will only create a problem for me. I hope you understand and thank you very much also I forgive you so please do not pull this stunt again and please do not contact me now!
Thank you once again! :) "

I sent the text and went to freshen up soon it was dinner time I went downstairs. I was only mid way but the scene in front of me left me shocked and I stood rooted to my place.

"Oh my god am I Hallucinating" I said while rubbing my wide eyes.

There stood my dad with apron around his waist and a pan and a spatula in his hands while my mum was sitting on the love seat and scrolling through her phone.

As soon as they heard they turned to me and smiled and dad continued cooking.

"Mum what's happening here? " I asked surprised

"Nothing riya you dad challenged me and said that he can cook better than me so now he is trying to prove himself. Simple"mum said shrugging simply

Oh! Poor dad.
Now this is gonna be fun. I giggled.

" Oh that means I will have to go to bed empty stomach "I purposely said loudly so that dad could hear us

" I know my child! Poor us"mum joined me dramatically and we both giggled like school girls.

"You know ladies I can hear you clearly" He said annoyed which made us laugh.

We just calmed down that we heard a loud *thud* and diverted our attention to the noise and  there my good for nothing brother fell from the stairs with a supried look on his annoying face.

Dad rushed out to look what happened and as soon as he saw my brother he gave a beautifully executed eye roll.

And we laughed.

After waiting for like 15 min dinner was ready and I must say dad's cooking skills are awesome

"Dad this is really amazing" I complimented him

"Yes this is good" Mum added

Whereas, as I already told my good for nothing brother was not even listening to what we were saying he was busy listening to music.