Chapter 67

"Daiwik left to bring them or not?" Dwijendra asked to Dhikshit. They were checking the preparations of the Mandap for the last time. The wedding was going to take place in a large amphitheatre. It was an open circular building with a central space surrounded by tiers of seats for spectators. The central space was filled with scented water and flowers. In the middle of that water filled area was a large dais where the Mandap was made. Stairs attached to four pathways led to the dais from four sides and one big grand stairway led straight to the dais from the side of the principal Palace. The whole area was beautifully decorated with flowers, coloured curtains and large sculptures.

"Yes. They'll arrive soon. I've informed Pitashree." Rajkumar Dhikshit replied stiffly.

"Yuvraj Duryodhan?" Dwijendra asked.

"In his chambers. Hasn't gotten out this morning. Dridhaksh is keeping watch. Gandharraj was roaming around our stables." Dhikshit informed.

"Gadhe kab se ghoro mein ruchi rakhne lage? (Since when donkeys started taking interest in horses?)" Dwijendra said arching one eyebrow. Dhikshit stifled a laugh at that. He wouldn't be laughing if he knew what happened a few nights ago. Dwijendra hadn't disclosed it to anyone, only kept a close eye on Duryodhan.

"Kakashree! Kakashree!!" Satyen, Dhritimat's son came running to Dhikshit. Behind him was Dhritimat and Devyajot with his daughter, Preesha in his arms.

"Yes?" Dhikshit asked with a slight smile ruffling his hairs.

"Matamah ne kaha hai, ki bua ke vivha ke paschat, apke aur kakishree ke saath hum bhi samudra tat pe ghumne jayenge. Aap humain le calenge na? (Grandma has said, we'll also go with you and auntie to tour near the seaside after the wedding. You will take us, right?)" Satyen asked cutely.

"Which Kakishree?" Dhikshit frowned furiously. The only kakishree Satyen had was Priyala. But Devyajot would be the one to take her for a tour, not him. Dhritimat stood behind with a straight face.

"That Rajkumari Surpanakha. You're going to marry her." Satyen replied. Dhritimat burst into laughter hearing his son as Dhikshit was grinding his teeth hard. Dwijendra and Devyajot both were shaking with silent laughter.

Satyen was talking about the princess of Saurashetra, Rajkumari Souparnika. It was just a slight spelling mistake on Satyen's part.

"Imagine. If Dhikshit actually gets married to her. Uski to naak kat jayegi. (Her nose will be cut off.)" Dhritimat said in between laughter.

"Good thing then, I am not going to marry her." Dhikshit gritted out. He was hell irritated with that Rajkumari. She had been hunting him like a creep since coming here.

"Chances are high. Mata is determined to get you married this time. Even Maharaj Surehsen is treating you like a son already. Pitashree won't be able to save you against these joined forces. He has also understood, you're not waiting for any 'the one'. You just don't intend to marry. Ever." Dwijendra said warning him against the upcoming battle.

"Pitashree? Will Kakashree also leave us after marriage like bua?" Satyen asked again.
"No, putra. Only girls go to their husbands home after marriage." Dhritimat replied chuckling. Satyen thought for a while and then said, "Then I will marry Preesha. So she won't leave us ever."

This time it was Dhikshit who burst into laughter as Devyajot glared at Dhritimat hard and Dhritimat only gulped down nervously looking at his son's innocent face.

Karna was going towards the wedding venue when Gandharraj Shakuni came running to him.

"Maharathi Karna! Karna! Save your Mitra! Save my son!"