Chapter 59

"What are you doing?" Karna asked with surprise as Subhadra suddenly came and started dragging him to the forest area. He was roaming outside the Palace when she came wearing simple clothing like a commoner and started dragging him without a word. Subhadra took him to a clearing at the forest.

"Vrisha, you only said that I'm a princess who lives in a bubble. So now to get out of that bubble, I've decided to live here in this forest." Subhadra said smiling brightly at him.

"What?" Karna asked in confusion.

"Yes. I can say, I'll have no problem living a simple life with you leaving all the luxuries. I can say, I need nothing except your love. I can say, I will have no problem in adjusting to a commoners life or the struggles of the life. But you won't accept. So I thought to give you demo instead of words. I'll live here in this forest without any luxuries for as long as it takes to convince you." Subhadra said.

"Have you gone mad? What are you saying?" Karna asked looking at her like she was speaking in some foreign language.

"My mind is absolutely fine. But yours need some straightening." Subhadra muttered the last part so he couldn't hear.

"What? Whatever. Leave all this nonsense and return to the Palace right now." Karna said in anger.

"No, I will do no such a thing." Subhadra said shaking her head.

"Fine. I'll inform your bhrata Krishna that you have lost your mind."

"Go, go and call bhrata Balaram too. And when they come I'll inform them how you ditched me after marrying me." Subhadra said crossing her arms looking nonchalant. Karna's eyes widened.

"Nothing of that sort happened and you know it full well." Karna said angrily.

"Really? It wasn't so far from the temple where the royal guards were. If you wanted you could have come to fetch them, but instead you got married to me. And then you told me to forget that marriage. I wasn't the one rejecting you. So, it does seem like that to me." Subhadra said smiling sweetly.

"I didn't wanted to leave you alone among them unprotected." Karna said gritting his teeth.

"But you did fail to protect me when you left me at the temple." Subhadra said.

"You were supposed to stay at the temple with the guards while I went to search." Karna said.

"That I was. But you shouldn't have left me with guards for so long. You knew the area wasn't safe. Still you did it."

"You're twisting the events."

"Maybe."

"I'm not afraid of your brothers."

"Good for you. But think carefully before going to them. If they get to know, whole Dravida will know with them and as most of the Kings of Aryavart are also here, they'll also know that you Maharathi Karna, married me and then refused to accept the marriage. And your righteousness will be questioned unless you accept me." Subhadra said. What she said was indeed truth.

"Do whatever you want. I'm leaving." Karna shouted in anger and proceeded to leave her there.

"Fine. But if I die of a snake bite or bite of some venomous scorpion or some tiger or bear eats me up, then at least do my last rites as my husband." Subhadra shouted after him. Karna stopped listening her. This forest was not safe for her. He couldn't leave her here alone.

"Come back to the Palace. You'll achieve nothing by this." Karna said sternly looking at her.

"I won't return unless my husband asks me to admitting I'm not just a pampered princess unworthy of being his wife." Subhadra said with determination.