Chapter 48

Nakul was looking at the ashes of the burned message.

"It was him, wasn't it?" Nakul said. Drisana nodded only. She knew who he was referring to. Nakul barely tolerated Dhristyadhym. His brothers thought it due to his proposal for Drisana, but it ran deeper than that.

Drisana had avoided getting the Pasha till now. But his message meant if Drisana didn't get the Pasha before her marriage, he would consider the promise broken. As the temple was right here somewhere in the south-western
side of Malyavat mountain, she probably wouldn't get a chance to get there after leaving Dravida. And Dhristyadhym had still a very crucial use for her.

"Forget that. Where's the sweet?" Drisana said to divert him.

"What sweet?" Nakul frowned.

"What do you mean by what sweet? Have you forgotten?" Drisana asked narrowing her eyes.

"Oh, yes. That? No. I haven't forgotten. But since now we're at the same place I thought what's the need for that." Nakul said casually.

"Really? That means after marriage you'll say, now that we're married what's the need for love. Let's forget about marriage then." Drisana said angrily.

"You'll cancel marriage for one sweet, Drisana?" Nakul gasped in horror. Drisana stomped her feet in anger and went to sit by the window. How could he say that? Drisana didn't like sweet much. But she loved it when Nakul made her eat from his hand. As Drisana was seating facing outside, Nakul held a balushahi (sweet) in front of her. Drisana smiled seeing it.

"I will never forget to add sweeteners in our relation Hridaya." Nakul said smiling softly at her. After they fed each other the sweet, Nakul got something out. It was a beautiful necklace made of gold and pearl. It matched the Maang tika (hair jewellery) he gifted her earlier.

"Now why this? You'll spoil me you know." Drisana asked.

"You can never be spoiled enough. And as for this, expect more. Because I'm going to do your Solah Shringar (sixteen embellishments) to prepare my bride for our wedding." Nakul said in a husky voice making her lower her eyes and blush. "You're blushing!!! I thought that was my job only?" Nakul said teasing her.

"Yes. But I'm allowed to blush sometimes too." Drisana said stammering a bit, trying to control herself.

"When you blush for me like this, my heart goes out of my control. Your lowered eyes, these red hue on your petal soft cheeks and the shying smile playing on your lips are enough to make me forget any and everything except you." Nakul whispered coming closer to her. So close that she could feel his breath. Drisana's eyes closed down on their own. Nakul smiled looking at her intensely and brushed her hair aside to make her wear the necklace. He clasped it on her neck as her eyes remained closed and placed a soft kiss on her exposed neck. Drisana's breath hitched at the feel of his lips. Lifting his head a little bit, Nakul looked at her soft and inviting lips.

They came out of their world as they heard loud voices from outside. Tara entered hastily after banging on the door. Nakul and Drisana pulled apart hurriedly.

"Forgive me, Rajkumari. But Rajkumari Shubhaprada is waiting outside. I told her you're busy, but she's not hearing anything." Tara explained. Drisana was going to say something, but before that Shubhaprada's voice was heard indicating her arrival at the chambers. Drisana's eyes widened and she signed Nakul to hide quickly as she took the necklace off and put it in a drawer.

"Where is it? Where is it? I won't spare it today." Shubhaprada was instructing her dasis to search everywhere.

"Stop!" Drisana screamed in panic. Everyone froze hearing her shout.