Chapter 17

Before reading this Chapter, I suggest drink one glass of water and take a deep breath. 😅😅😅

"I'm sorry, Yudhisthir. I can't give you permission." Balaram's words surprised everyone. No one thought he would object.

"But why, bhrata Balaram? Nakul and Drisana has chosen each other themselves. Then why can't you give your blessings?" Yudhisthir asked.

"I didn't refused to give my blessings, Yudhisthir. I'd be happy if the two gets married. But I can't give you permission as it is not in my hand." Balaram said to all smiling.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand bhrata." Yudhisthir said being confused as everyone else.

"To take permission for Drisana's marriage, you'll have to go to 'Daksina Durg' (Southern Fortress)." Balaram replied.

"Daksina Durg? Dravida Kingdom?" Sahdev asked.

"Yes, anuj Sahdev." Balaram replied with a smile.

"Why?" Bheem asked this time.

Balaram looked at Krishna. Krishna stood up, his smile back in his face.

"The right to know why is firstly Drisana's. Give me permission." Krishna said and folding his hands took leave. Everyone was confused, but it was clear he was going to talk to Drisana.

Drisana was taking a walk in the palace garden. She was happy and enjoying the fragrance of flowers when she heard from behind,

"This is good. People searches me to ask questions and I'm searching you to give answers."

Drisana turned to find Krishna standing.

"You'll only give answer according to your wish. So, I thought why to pester you when you yourself will give me answers when you see fit." Drisana replied amused.

"But to get answers you'll have to ask first, behna." Krishna said.

"If that was the case then you won't be here." Drisana said.

"Bhrata Yudhisthir asked dau and me for permission to get Nakul and you married." Krishna said. A little blush coloured her face as she asked,
"And what you said?" Clearly thinking it was done. There was no reason for them to object.

"It isn't in our hands, behna. The permission has to be seek from someone else." Krishna said.

"Who? Why?" Drisana asked confused.

"Maharaj Drishadvat of Dravida Kingdom. Because he's your father." Krishna said shocking Drisana. What was Krishna talking about?

"How is that possible? How can he be my father when I'm not even from this time? I know who my father is." Drisana said agitated.

"Keep calm and listen to me carefully." Krishna sat on a rock and indicated for her to sit down too. After she was seated he started.

"Maharaj Drishadvat and Maharani Mangalya always wanted a daughter, but even after seven sons, their wish remained unfulfilled. Then Maharaj and Maharani did yagya to please Suryadev. And pleased by them Suryadev blessed them to have a daughter who would have the heat and warmth of sun. Not many days after Maharani Mangalya became pregnant expecting a girl. During her pregnancy, Maharaj Drishadvat went to the forest to hunt and accidentally killed a Yaksha child. The mother of that child, the Yaksini was a powerful one. She had the power to travel through time creating a energy portal, though she could only travel for a very limited time and not outside the yug. When she lost her child, she vowed to get revenge by taking away Maharaj's most loved child. As it was the soon coming daughter who was the most loved, he tried everything to secure his child. But the Yaksini got hold of the daughter after she was born. Maharaj Drishadvat would have found his daughter anywhere in Aryavart and they would still have hope of the childs' return. But Yaksini didn't wanted for them to have hope. So, using her all power she did something impossible. She created a portal to Kaliyug. When she passed through the portal, a part of her power entered the child. She died a few moments later after giving the child to a couple and telling them to leave the place and never return as it would be dangerous for the child. The childless couple took the kid away from that place never to return.