Zarna is Back

Tiny creatures materialized in front of them, resembling ants. "Antillas," Rutuja murmured under her breath, recognizing the mystical beings.

As Rishi looked around, he witnessed thatched roofs materializing in mid-air, followed by the formation of walls and doors. The once-empty space transformed into a bustling village, with children engrossed in a game of hide and seek in the yard, and men and women going about their daily chores.

Daksh's eyes were drawn to an elderly person reclining outside his house, leisurely puffing on a cigar and gazing up at the sky. "This can't be real," he muttered in disbelief.

It felt as though this hidden world had always existed, concealed from their sight until now.

~~~~~~

"Thank you, girls," said Ray closing his eyes. "One more mishap was exactly what we wanted."

Tej sat beside Zarna, staring at her blankly.

Maya's residence sprawled across a spacious plot, consisting of a single-story building. The front of the house boasted a charming garden adorned with a variety of colorful flowers and fruitful plants. Adjacent to the garden, a small swimming pool added to the overall aesthetic appeal of the property.

Advika found herself on the balcony attached to Maya's bedroom, positioned in a way that allowed her to face her companions. Inside the room, a particularly large mirror stood covered by a pristine white cloth, emanating an air of mystery. To the left of the mirror, a wardrobe stood, and Zarna was peacefully slumbering on the bed.

Advika stepped inside the room, her gaze fixed on the floor as she walked. Taking a seat on a comfortable armchair positioned near the bed, she settled in quietly.

"Why?" said Ray turning to face the girls.

"Ray, we were just trying to speed things up, plus-"

"Do you mean speed injuries?" Ray interrupted Maya mid-sentence.

"Ray, we didn't know it would be that bad. We suspected black magic, that's all," said Advika and glanced at Tej.

"She'll be fine," said Maya and sat near Zarna.

"What did you tell her parents?" asked Tej, finally speaking.

Maya looked at Advika and pursed her lips. "I talked to them as Zarna and said I was with Jiya, completing some case study," said Advika.

"Jiya? Her best friend?" quizzed Tej. Advika nodded her head. "I told Jiya that I, I mean Zarna is out with us, partying, her parents won't allow and all."

"You tricked her too?" asked Tej. Advika sighed and nodded her head. "I had no other option." "And they believed you!?" wondered Ray. 

"Of course, Ray, that's her specialty, she can sound like any one of us, with the help of some kind of software she built," added Maya.

Zarna woke up with a start and looked around. Everything was blur initially, she could see outlines of figures. She could hear them take her name.

Maya hurriedly made her way to the bathroom, returning with a sizable, round wooden bowl brimming with water. Advika positioned a small board on the bed next to Zarna, while Maya gently placed the bowl upon it.

"Zarna, put your head in the water," Maya instructed, concern etched on her face. Zarna blinked several times, her head spinning from the overwhelming sensations.

"I don't think she can hear us clearly," Advika remarked, exchanging a glance with Maya. "Just do it."

With a careful touch, Maya gathered Zarna's hair and tied it up into a bun, ensuring it stayed clear of the water.

"Why would you submerge her head in—" Tej began to question, but his words trailed off as Zarna lifted her head from the bowl, panting heavily.

Advika swiftly handed her a towel, while she herself rushed off to retrieve more water, determined to assist Zarna in any way possible.

"Zarna," said Maya. "Are you fine?"

Zarna nodded her head and let out a sigh. She looked around slowly taking in the interiors, colours, and surrounding. It didn't seem familiar. Her eyes fell on something that was covered with a white cloth.

"Here," said Advika as she handed her a glass of water. Zarna gulped it down in a breath and stretched her neck and hands. All eyes were glued to her, eagerly waiting for her to speak.

~~~~~~~

To be continued...