The Beach

Zarna breathed in the refreshing air, extending her arms wide. "Look, guys, we've landed on the beach once more," she declared, seemingly unfazed by the recent attack they had endured.

Tej hurried over to Advika, concern etched on his face. "You're bleeding," he observed, gently touching her injured knee. Advika reached into her jeans pocket and pulled out a band-aid. Without hesitation, Tej took it from her and proceeded to assist her with applying it.

Grinning, Zarna chimed in, "Luckily, you decided to wear shorts today, following my suggestion, of course." She crossed her arms, a satisfied smile playing on her lips.

Ray and Maya securely bound Daksh to a sturdy rock on the beach. "Your powers won't avail you here, dude," Maya taunted, then walked toward her companions who were gathered by the shoreline. Ray trailed behind her.

 "Why won't his powers work here?" Ray inquired.

Maya explained, "This is our domain, our territory—well, the book's domain, to be precise. No malevolent powers are permitted within."

Concerned, Ray moved closer to Advika and asked, "Are you okay?" Advika nodded, offering a reassuring smile. Zarna's attention shifted to Daksh, and she began striding purposefully in his direction.

"What are you up to?" asked Ray.

"Talk," she replied.

"He's not worth it," said Advika. "He didn't listen to the book, Grantha, why will he listen to us?"

"What are you talking about? Who Grantha?" asked Maya.

"The book," replied Advika. Tej helped her get to her feet.

"You're saying that Grantha is the name of the book and she talked with that guy," wondered Tej, still holding her hand.

"When I took cover behind that white rock in the forest, the book actually spoke to me," Advika revealed, a touch of amazement in her voice.

Curiosity piqued, Maya inquired, "So, where is the book now?" She crossed her arms, awaiting an explanation.

Zarna clarified, "Technically, it absorbed us, drawing us into its very essence."

Ray's eyes widened with realization. "Wait, are we actually inside the book?" he pondered aloud.

Maya's attention suddenly shifted, alarm in her voice. "Look! He's attempting to escape!" she exclaimed, pointing urgently in Daksh's direction.

~~~~~~