Another Night Out

As Advika rushed to assist with the coffee mugs, Ray nudged Tej and flashed a smile.

"Hey there, it's been ages!" exclaimed Zarna, as she warmly embraced Swarna.

"You guys have been gone for so long," Swarna remarked.

"We appreciate the green tea and snacks, Aunty," Maya said, grabbing a cup. 

Advika was handed a delightful coffee mug with a teddy bear handle by Swarna. Tej beamed with delight.

Advika inquired about Swarna's well-being. "How have you been doing lately?"

"Never been better. It's good to see you." Swarna replied with a smile. 

She turned to Ray. "And how is everyone back home?" she asked.

"Everyone's just fine, as always," Ray responded, grabbing one of the three coffee mugs.

"It's pouring outside, so it's best to stay indoors," Swarna advised. "I'm downstairs, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. Wait until it stops raining. I'll talk to your parents."

"I don't mind staying," said Ray, munching on a handful of chips. Maya grabbed a sandwich and took a big bite.

Swarna made a suggestion, "Perhaps all of you should stay here for the night." 

Advika started to voice her thoughts, but Swarna gently halted her. "No need to fret. I'll have a word with your mother," she assured, her hand resting on Advika's shoulder.

She then turned to Zarna and Maya. "The offer extends to you as well, girls," she said.

"Thank you, aunty," the girls responded in unison, exchanging smiles.

"Enjoy yourselves. I'll whip up something special for dinner tonight," Swarna said, and Ray offered his help. "Should I pitch in?" he asked. "Sure," Swarna replied.

"Advika is an excellent cook too," Ray mentioned, grabbing a handful of chips from the bowl. 

"No, not really," Advika disagreed. 

"We'll see about that," Swarna replied, casting a final glance at Tej before leaving the room and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

"I think we should try summoning the book," Advika suddenly suggested.

"How? Is that even possible?" asked Maya, intrigued.

Advika took a sip of her coffee, closed her eyes briefly, and then replied, "We can connect our powers."

"Connect to each other, you mean?" Zarna asked, seeking clarification.

"Yes. I read in a book that you can connect with another person's energy," explained Advika.

"Let's give it a shot," Ray said eagerly. "Why wait?"

Maya interjected, "It's not that easy. We need to enter a thoughtless state of mind."

"Let's meditate first, calm ourselves, and then try," suggested Tej.

"Right," agreed Advika.