The Escape

"Of course, the caretaker, as in the old man will welcome us with open arms," said Advika, her eyes glued to the phone. "Whom are you talking to?" asked Tej, irritated. "My boss. She wants the articles by next week," replied Advika.

"Oh ya, you're interning with Devanshi Sinha, the best-selling author, right?" asked Zarna.

 Advika nodded, a hint of pride in her smile. "Yes, that's right," she affirmed. Ray chimed in, "Advika is on her way to becoming the next star author."

Tej joined the praise, saying, "Absolutely."

Maya, now fidgeting with the fries in the tray, steered the conversation back to their mission. "Getting back to our task, we need to find a way into the temple or the library."

"Breaking in is not an option," said Tej sternly. "We need to find a legitimate way to gain access. Zarna, do you know anyone who can help us get permission?"

Zarna shook her head. "Not really. But we could try talking to the caretaker or the librarian and explain our purpose."

"I don't think that would work," said Maya skeptically. "They'll probably think we're just a bunch of curious kids."

"We could also try doing some research and see if we can legally gain access," suggested Ray.

"Let's divide the work," said Tej. "Zarna and I will research legal ways to access the temple and library. Maya and Ray, can you guys try to find any contacts who could help us out? And Advika, research as much as possible on the library and its history."

Following an hour of casual conversation and dining, the group returned to discussing the temple.

"Tej," Zarna begun. "Legal ways aren't going to work considering the fact that we have a magical book in our possession," her voice almost dropped to a whisper. 

"That's true," added Ray. "We cannot disclose anything about the book. Why would anybody help us and how?"

"Let's stick to our usual way," said Zarna and laid back against the chair.

Advika smiled. "Usual way?"

"I think we should first go to the library," said Tej. 

"I agree," said Ray. 

"Ray," said Maya, "we need to go to the second floor, will require your expertise."

"Of course, I'll unlock the door somehow, but Advika, you'll have to take the lead with the books," said Ray and sipped his coke. 

"Yes, you're good with books," added Zarna. "Sure," said Advika and sipped her cold coffee.

Maya discreetly concealed her face behind her hair and glanced to her right.
Tej inquired, "What's wrong?"

"Left side," she whispered under her breath.

Ray, with a sudden realization, muttered, "Oh, no," and shielded his face with his hands.

"Stay composed, everyone," Advika whispered back, focusing intently on the menu card in front of her.

Tej turned his chair towards Zarna. Zarna turned to face Advika, who pretended to read the menu card.

"Thank you," said the girl sitting on the table opposite to theirs. The waiter placed a tray that had two cups of cold coffee and two burgers.

Maya pondered, "What on earth is she doing here?"

Ray posed a question, "Do any of you remember what she told us her name was?"

Advika cut to the chase, stating, "It doesn't matter. We have to make our exit immediately."

Maya tiptoed and lifted her sling bag and made a small run towards the stairs leading to the cafe's exit. The others quickly gathered their belongings and sped downstairs.

"Sorry," said Tej as he bumped into a boy. Maya glanced at him and ran towards the gate. The others followed.

"Careful you-" said the boy, but Tej was long gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Any guesses on who the girl was?