Practice Continued...

Hey Readers!

Are you enjoying the story? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Please leave a comment and let me know who your favorite character is so far and whom you relate to.

Also, if you could have one of these powers (Water, Earth, Sky, or Air), which one would you choose and why?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~

"But the rest of us didn't practice," Ray said, casting a glance at Advika.

"The book doesn't offer much information about Sky, Earth, and Air," Advika remarked as Maya flipped through its pages.

"Well, it does mention Air a bit," Maya said. 

"You could give it a try. I'll join you," Ray offered, getting up and dusting off his blue jeans.

Maya assumed a cross-legged position, bringing her hands together, while Ray clutched the book and recited its words for the others, who closed their eyes.

"Clear your mind of unwanted and negative thoughts. Don't dwell on them. Observe them as if you're an audience. Allow them to pass. Breathe."

Advika discerned the rustling of leaves and a faint, melodic sound. Maya experienced the gentle caress of the air against her skin, evoking goosebumps. The weather grew gloomy as dark clouds shrouded the forest. Silence enshrouded their surroundings, and Tej sensed tension coursing through his muscles. Ray glanced at the sky and continued reciting.

"Feel the energy around you. The elements that surround you also reside within you. Feel the blood flowing through your veins, your pulse, your heartbeat. Be aware of yourself and your surroundings."

Maya outstretched her arms as if embracing the wind, absorbing its energy. Her hands became numb and heavy, as if submerged in flowing water. She clenched her fists.

Maya swayed unsteadily, her vision blurring as if the world around her was melting away. She reached out, grasping for support, and collapsed into Advika's arms, her body limp and unresponsive. Advika caught her, feeling the weight of Maya's body against her own. She could sense Maya's fear and confusion, her breathing ragged and uneven. "Maya, are you okay?" Advika asked, her voice filled with worry. Maya struggled to respond, her words slurred and barely audible. She was losing her senses, the world around her fading into darkness.

"Maya, Maya," Zarna called out, scanning the forest. 

"Here," Ray said, handing her a water bottle.

Zarna sprinkled water on Maya's face, and Advika shook her gently. "Maya, Maya, open your eyes," she said, her voice choked with emotion.

"Relax, Advika," Tej said. "She'll need some time to recover."

Advika nodded, her heart racing, she rushed towards the stone, clutching the book in her hand.

"Let's go," Tej said as he carried Maya in his arms.

"Tej, there's nobody at my house. We can't take Maya like this to her place. Let's go to mine," Ray suggested.

"Yes, that's a good idea. What will we say to her parents?" Zarna added as they made their way towards the forest's exit, with Advika following closely behind.

*********************************

The Secrets of the ElementsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara