Maya's vision

"What boy?" said Ray, puzzled.

"The boy you bumped into, Tej, at the cafe this morning," said Maya.

"What about him?" asked Tej. "He was... I have something to tell," said Maya. "After Advika's vision, I had one more vision. I'm sorry, I was going to tell but just slipped out of my mind," said Maya.

"Wow, such an important thing slipped out of your mind, that's wonderful," said Advika and crossed her arms.

"Tej," began Maya. "This guy you bumped into," said Maya and sat beside him. "I saw you both fight in the forest."

"How's that even possible?" wondered Advika. "I don't know but, I'm sure it was him," said Maya.

"Those guys may have some connection with the book then," said Ray.

"Those guys?" said Zarna, puzzled.

"Rutuja and that guy Tej bumped into," said Ray. "There's a possibility that the guy had come to meet Rutuja there." 

"Quite possible," added Tej.

"I wish we could confront them," said Zarna.

"It would be a foolish act. We're trying to keep this a secret," said Ray.

"We must be alert," said Maya. 

"And together, as much as possible," added Tej. 

"The book chose you, and you chose us," said Zarna. 

Tej smiled. "I could not think of anybody else," he began. "Advika, good with books. Maya, a paranormal studies student, you, Zarna, a law student, and Ray, my best friend."

"Yes," said Ray. "It's important to have a law student when you're planning on breaking a dozen rules."

Ray chuckled as his friends smiled. 

"Very funny," said Zarna.

~~~~~~

Rishi stepped into the training hall and touched Indra's and Dai Ma's feet, both of whom had been his mentors since he was a child. 

"Welcome back, Rishi," said Indra with a smile. Daksh, another trainee, gave him a disapproving look.

"Thank you, Master Indra," said Rishi, standing up straight. Indra placed his hands on Rishi's shoulders. "You're back just in time. We need every warrior we can get for the upcoming battle," he said.

"It would be an honor to fight alongside you, Master," said Rishi, his face beaming with excitement.

Dai Ma entered the room and asked about Rutuja. "I'm here," Rutuja said, walking into the room with a set of keys. "I've locked up the library," she said, handing the keys to Rishi. "Take care of these," she said.

"Don't worry, Ru," said Rishi, pocketing the keys.

Daksh's gaze bore into Rishi's back as he walked away. "Ru?" he thought to himself, "How dare he call her that?"