Coming Together

Daksh blinked rapidly, his heart pounding in his chest as a surge of disbelief and hope flooded his senses. In a spontaneous burst of emotion, he leaped onto Devansh, his voice quivering with anticipation. "Danj... Danj is alive? Truly?"

A smile spread across Devansh's face as he confirmed, "Yes, brother, he is alive." 

Daksh's grip tightened, his questions pouring out in a flurry. "Where is he? Is he safe? Is he with you? Tell me everything." Daksh shook his brother, his urgency palpable. "Take me to Danj. And why... why didn't you come to me earlier? Why didn't Danj come to see me?"

Devansh gently placed his hand on Daksh's head, seeking to calm his restless spirit. "Relax, Daksh," he soothed, his voice tender. "We were forced into hiding. It was crucial that he remained unaware of our survival. Revealing ourselves prematurely would have dishonored our mother's sacrifice."

"So, what now?" asked Daksh. 

"Take me to Dad," said Devansh. "And we will fight Azazel."

"You crazy, bro?" said Daksh. "Fight Azazel. This is the evil king we are talking about."

"He gave me his powers," said Devansh. "I earned his trust, Daksh."

"So have I," said Daksh. "He believes that I work for him."

"That gives us an upper hand, brother," said Devansh. "Just take me to dad. We'll see what to do next. I need to talk to dad first."

"But why trap us?" questioned Daksh as the hut, his mother, and everything that surrounded them began to dissolve into thin air.

"You strangled me. You tried to hurt me," said Daksh and looked in his brother's eyes.

"Azazel," said Devansh. "He was watching."

"And now he is not?" asked Daksh.

Advika moved closer to them and looked around.

"No," replied Devansh. "I will tell you everything. Just take me to Dad."

I don't know if we should trust Devansh, said Advika. And I don't trust you either. She looked at Daksh. Whatever happened with you was unfortunate. I understand the bitterness. But that does not give you the right to be a bad person.

Daksh nodded his head. "Follow me," he murmured.

Wait, wait, wait, said Advika. Take me along. She dug her face in her hands teary-eyed. Of course, you can't hear me. She stomped her feet and sat on the rough ground. What do I do? Grantha, are you listening? Help me!

~~~~

"Is Devansh with us then?" questioned Rishi and looked at Indra, who seemed to be lost elsewhere.

Maya sighed and glanced at Advika. I wish you were conscious. How much ever I dislike you. But-

She looked at Tej holding Advika close to his heart and rubbing her hands every now and then. I don't see what Tej sees in you. But for now, for the sake of the mission, just get the fu-

Advika woke up with a start and looked around frantically.

"Advika," said Tej and pulled her towards him. "Are you okay?" he examined her hands and head, although he had held her body close to him all the time.

"Daksh, Devansh, brothers, Azazel," she murmured and held her head. "Just breath, just breath, relax," said Tej. Zarna passed a bottle to her. She gulped down some water and glanced at Indra.