Mission Library

The car came to a halt a short distance from the temple, and Advika couldn't hide her anxiety. She stepped out of the vehicle, her unease evident in her demeanour. Zarna reached out to adjust Advika's cap, attempting to offer a sense of comfort. Meanwhile, Tej prepared himself by affixing a fake moustache to his upper lip.

"Remember, we're strangers," Tej reminded the group, his voice steady. "Let's stick to our cover names."

"Understood, boss," Ray replied, putting on his glasses. Zarna nodded in agreement.

They strolled towards the library, positioned just behind the temple. Upon stepping into the ancient, imposing library, Advika was met with a chilling gust that gently tousled her hair, and the hushed ambience enveloped her.

Out of nowhere, a young girl materialized, and Ray approached her to engage in conversation. 

Advika, who was strolling in the Occult section, swiveled to catch a glimpse of the unexpected newcomer.

Ray cleared his throat and said, "I'm interested in ancient temples and the history behind them."

The librarian greeted them with a smile. "Welcome to our library. My name is Rutuja, and I'm the librarian here. If you need any help finding the books you're looking for, feel free to ask," she said, gesturing towards the shelves.

Ray nodded and walked towards the history section, browsing for books on ancient temples. He found one that caught his eye and sat down on the red sofa near the entrance to start reading.

Rutuja sat at the librarian's desk, keeping an eye on the visitors and answering any questions they had.

Advika strolled down the right-hand aisle, drawing in a deep breath as she perused the rows of bookshelves. On her left, Ray mirrored her actions, his eyes scanning the titles. These shelves were expansive and imposing, housing a diverse collection that encompassed everything from English classics and science fiction to magazines, non-fiction works, references, and even books delving into the realms of the occult and the supernatural.

Advika's eyes roamed over the spines of the books as she walked through the aisle. She spotted titles like The Legends of Saptabhumi by Chitra D., The Princess of Tribhumi by Lekha G., and The Elements by Gustaf Morgan.

 A title caught her attention. 'The Elements', it read. Advika stopped in her tracks and reached for the book. She flipped through the pages, scanning each one thoroughly.

Ray gently pulled out his phone from his pocket and snapped some pictures of the book he was holding. He proceeded to explore the section of Occult and ancient history with great care.

Moments later, Zarna sauntered into the library and greeted Rutuja with a cheerful "hi." "I'm on the hunt for history books. Can you point me in the right direction?" she inquired.

"Absolutely," Rutuja replied with a warm smile, guiding her toward the history section. As Zarna began perusing the shelves, her curiosity was piqued by a staircase visible across from them. Trying to maintain an air of nonchalance, she asked, "Where does that lead?"

Rutuja leaned in closer and lowered her voice. "Oh, that staircase? It's currently closed," she responded before returning to her seat on the sofa.

Advika and Ray exchanged knowing glances. They sensed that something mysterious was concealed behind those inaccessible doors, but the puzzle of what lay beyond continued to elude them.