The Attack

There came a sudden knock on the door, interrupting the cosy gathering of the five friends in Tej's living room, savouring steaming cups of coffee.

Tej, assuming it might be his mother, got up to answer the door.

But as soon as he opened it, a wave of agony surged through him, forcing him to collapse to the floor, clutching his stomach in anguish.

"Tej!" Advika screamed in horror.

Reacting swiftly, Daksh lunged at Ray, brandishing a menacing dagger. However, Ray's instincts kicked in, and he grabbed a nearby metal pan from the table, unleashing a powerful strike that collided with Daksh's face, resulting in a resounding crunch.

Rutuja, driven by a surge of aggression, unleashed a swift kick aimed at Maya's stomach, while simultaneously pushing Zarna with such force that she crashed onto the glass table, causing it to shatter into sharp fragments. Blood began to trickle from Zarna's forehead.

Advika's heart raced with fear and concern as she witnessed the chaos unfold before her. Rutuja, now wielding a knife and holding Advika's hands tightly behind her back, pressed the cold blade against her throat, demanding answers.

"Tell me, Advika," Rutuja demanded, her voice filled with determination, "where is the book?"

Ray extended his arms with a sudden burst of power, unleashing a torrent of blue lightning that surged towards Rishi, overpowering his own beam of energy. Helpless, Rishi let out a cry, raising his hands in a desperate attempt to shield himself from the impending strike, before collapsing to the ground.

With a snap of his fingers, Ray effortlessly drew the lightning back, watching as it dissolved into a shower of sparkling blue sparks, safely contained within his fingertips.

In the midst of the chaos, Tej retaliated by conjuring a blazing ball of fire, hurling it towards Daksh. Yet Daksh swiftly countered, summoning a ball of vacuum energy that emanated from his hands, effectively blocking Tej's attack.

"Stop!" screamed Rutuja. The knife drew blood from Advika's throat.

"Give us the book, otherwise," she said and tightened her grip on Advika's throat.

Tears slid from Advika's eyes. Grantha help, she thought.

                                                       ~~~~~~

Hey guys!

What do you think? Will Rutuja be able to take the book from them?