Pre-wedding phase

As I opened the door I was shocked to see them. It was Aadil's mom and sister sitting there. They welcomed me, it was so weird that guests were welcoming me to my own home. I just greeted them and went inside my room.

My mom came inside, and told me that they came here to call me for the wedding shopping. I was not in the mood for going out and I was very tired because of yesterday's outing and everything.

I said "ammi I'm really tired and you know about my selection right, I'll spoil everything" "don't worry, Alina will accompany you" she said.

I frowned , she stared. Meanwhile my savior came in, I mean my dad. I went to his side and asked "Abbajan I am really tired, my body is paining alot and how can I go with this painful body" by saying this I made my face very pitiful.

"Leave Gullu, she is tired, ask Alina to go with them" he said to my relief. My mother opened her mouth to deny it but my father gestured to her not to force me. She looked at me and made a face and went out.

I freshened up then I had my breakfast and came to my room there I saw my Abbajan was covering the windows with a blanket.

"Abbajan" I called him. He turned and said "Hoo, you came my dear, just a minute I'll finish this and you can sleep peacefully" by saying this he put a clip on the blanket.
"Aye Allah, I'll sleep later, you come down first" I said by climbing the bed. Then he came down after covering the window completely.
"Now you can sleep peacefully" he said as he sat next to me. I held his hand and asked "Abbajan, why are you doing this much to us, aren't you tired?". "It's my pleasure to do things for you all, I'm grateful that I have children like you". He continues "No father in this world gets tired of doing things for their children". My heart felt heavy by his love and care towards us. I laid on his shoulder, the secured place for every girl. "I'll miss you Abbajan, I don't wanna go anywhere leaving you, who will took care of me there like you" I said whining. "Shhh... Don't tell like dear, Aadhil is very good person he will take care of you, may be more than me". He said. "No, no one in this world can look after me like you". "Okay, you win , now sleep".

He made me lay in bed and ran his fingers through my head and said "Don't think anything much, you will be happy there" then he wiped my tears and kissed me on my forehead. I closed my eyes, but he continued running his finger in my hair. Within a few minutes I fell asleep.

Alina and Neha came in the evening, she told everything where they went, what they saw, what they selected, even what they rejected also, she said, at last she said the main thing 'about my Nikkah dress'. She said the selected red lehenga with stones and pearls work on it and blue colour walima dress which was a zari work chudi with four side border pink dupatta.

Days passed with new wedding works daily, like shopping, packing, inviting, selecting, cleaning etc., Aaannnhh.. as it was two marriages they work also double.

It was a day before nikkah, everyone came to our house, my aunties, my uncles, my cousins etc.,

My three friends (Sheema, Aafiya, Gulshad) came today itself. Aafiya and sheema applied mehendi on both of my hands and legs. They started in the afternoon at 3pm and they are still doing that, now the time is 7:30pm. I don't know about them but I'm completely tired, and started begging them to leave me. *I'll post the mehendi at the end of the chapter*

Finally they finished at 7:50pm. Then, they cut the cake, we four and two of cousins had the cake. Then my aunt took that and distributed it to guests and children.

At 8:30pm my friends went to their houses except Gulshad, she stayed with me. Then, my aunt came and took me to the hall. I went with my face completely closed, she made my dupatta as a veil.

This is a ritual, where everyone will come and give me gifts, and pour flowers as blessings. Meanwhile, my in-laws also came with lot of gifts and my Nikkah dress, jewelries, mysir(it's a red colour netted cloth used as veil for brides) etc.,

This ritual came to an end by 9:45pm. I was really hungry, thank God that Alina di brought food but someone called her, so Gulshad fed me.

After a few bite, hiccups came. My cousins started teasing me,Because It's a saying, if someone got hiccups during their meal, that someone is missing them.
“I don't know who is thinking about you,” one of my cousins said. “Who will think about you heena di as everyone from our family is here? '' another one said with some giggles. “Maybe someone special who is not here today,” Gulshad said. “Guls, at least you support me nah '' I asked, fully pissed. Everyone laughed but Gulshad continued to fee me.

After a few bites I said " Enough buddy, I'm full" So, one of my cousins again started " yes yes, now you want to eat from his hand only" everyone giggled at her words but I smiled. Alina di came in and said "hey girls, don't tease my little sister much" , "No we will tease our Heena di, because from tomorrow she will be 'Mrs. Aadhil' ". Before I react my aunty came and told them to go out so that I can rest for a few hours.

Thank god they went, Gulshad stayed with me in the room. I was so scared about tomorrow, she comforted me, she advised me to sleep so that i can look fresh tomorrow, but sleep far away from me now.

I was so nervous, excited, Anxiety, happy, sad, all the feelings together. I'm sure no girl in this world can explain the feelings she had a night before the day of marriage, specially, arrange marriage.

My wedding mehndi.