Nikkah

Finally, it was my marriage day. I was in a red lehenga and full of Jewels and Jasmine garland around my neck sitting there in the center of the auditorium.

Everyone gathered around me. Alina and Gulshad are sitting on my right and left side. My ammi is sitting behind me.

My Abbajan With my uncle and brother came with Nikkah papers.

My uncle read the papers "Mr. Aadil sheik S/O. Mr. Ibrahim sheik wants to marry you Ms. Heena Khan D/O Mr. Rahimullah Khan with the Meher of 5 pounds of gold, do you agree".

I was not able open my mouth, maybe because of shyness or fear or anxiety. Just my tears are rolling down my cheek but I can't answer.

He asked again "do you agree dear", my mom patted me and asked me to answer in her sobbing, I said slowly but it would be heard by them "I agree". These two words are going to change my whole world. I was shivering there, then my dad handed me a pen, and my brother showed me the place where to do signature. My hand was shaking, so my brother, Hyder held my hand and smiled, then, I signed.

Then,they went to the groom, who was sitting on the next side. There was a thick white and red curtain on the right side and the groom and all gents were sitting there.

Moulvi read the Quran verses, he then asked Aadil (groom) "Mr. Aadhil sheik S/o. Mr. Ibrahim sheik, are you willing to marry and make Ms. Heena Khan D/o Mr.  Rahimullah Khan as your wife?" He replied "Alhamdulillah, I do" (yes, I do). After that everyone congratulates each other and my mother-in-law puts the chain and jewels on me, meanwhile moulvi does the dua for our long and happy life together.

With this my Nikkah is over. Our lives are tied with each other now. Misiri(stone sugar) and dates were distributed in all. Everyone put misiri in my mouth and hugged me, congratulates me.

After everyone wished, Alina brought me to the room.

First meeting:

In our culture after Nikkah, they allow the groom and bride to see each other for the first time. I was there in a room covered my face with veil then I heard the door opening sound my heartbeat was in a race and feeling of some up and down in my stomach, I was very nervous I can feel my body shivering and then I heard a salam(greeting) in a voice which was so bold and calm but little shivering may be because of the same nervousness I had.

I just open my eyes to see him through the veil but he was standing so close (may be to lift my veil) I can just see his sherwani's design (men's dress for marriage) then I closed my eyes when he touch my veil to lift it up, I tighten my both hand to a flit and I can feel my heartbeat so fast that I'm afraid that it may be fall out of my chest. He took the veil and lifted my face by placing his hand below my chin. I just made a jerk as I felt the coldness of his hand. He asked "Could you open your eyes" in a very soft and humble voice, I just looked at my man.

WOW!!! He was looking good. He is dusky in color, tall(not very much), round face with beard one inch down to his chin and specially no moustache. After a few seconds of looking at each other, he sat beside me and said "Mom told me to give this to you" he showed me a tiny gift box, may be a ring box. I didn't take that from his hand in shyness, so he kept it in my lap. And there was complete silence for 2 minutes then he said "you are looking very beautiful and this dress suits you". I was blushing inside because this was the first ever compliment of my husband. With that blushing face I lifted my face to look at him as my gaze went on him there was a bang at the door.

And there my cousins, friends and Alina came. Then, my mom and mother-in-law also came.I closed my eyes, In a few seconds the room filled with women and he was only a lone man. My mom adjusted my veil, Alina brought a bowl and my mother-in-law asked him to feed me some banana and milk which was in that bowl. he said "She is not even opening the eyes how can I feed her" then, I slightly open my eyes and my cousins insist me to open my mouth, I opened a little he also take a little of milk in a spoon and forwarded his hand till my mouth and fed me, my whole body is shaking in shyness, then it's my turn to feed, my hands are shivering so, Gulshad helped me to hold the spoon and fed him. he ate it with full smile and he left the room with his mom. 

*Sorry for the late update, I was shifted back to my native that's why I was unable to update on time*