A Romantic Dinner

After lunch, I was sitting on the sofa, scrolling through the News Feed on Facebook. He came and sat next to me. I was smiling at a meme on social media. He asked, " What makes this beautiful smile come out?" "It's just a meme" I shrugged.

"So, what's your hobby?" He asked.

"Hmmm, I read books and... " I replied with my eyes on my mobile.

"And.. What? " He asked again.

I locked my phone and turned toward him. " So, someone is eager to know about me? " I smirked.

"Yes, tell me and... What? "

"And... I write. "

"Write? Write what? ".

" Hmmm... Your brain". I said hitting his forehead.

"Hey... Tell me what you write? books?" He asked with excitement.

"No books, recently I started writing a story on Wattpad".

" Wow, great!!" He exclaimed.

"Hmmm thanks, but now I stopped writing" I stated.

"But, why? What about your reader?"

"I just wrote, not published"

"Hoo... Okay," He concluded.

After some time, sitting simply got me bored as he was also busy with his laptop. I planned to make dinner for us tonight. So that we get to know each other better.

"So, what's your favorite dish?" I asked, looking directly at him.

"Why are you asking?" He questioned.

" Simply, just to know," I stated.

"Anything in Chinese" He replied not taking off his gaze from the laptop.

"Do you like spicy foods," I asked.

Now he shifted his gaze towards me. " Yes my dear wifee, I love spicy foods and also Indian milk sweets." He said.

"Hmmm... Okay. " I simply replied and got up from there.

" Heyy... " He called me.

I turned and raised my eyebrows, and he asked "Are you planning something?"

I smiled at his question and nodded yes.

"So, you are to cook for me?"

"Yes, my tube light hubby" I replied.

"What are you going to cook?" He excitedly asked.

"Wait till evening, you'll get to know," I said and went from there.

I first ordered some chicken breast and legs, and then went to see what the groceries were in the refrigerator. I checked all the required things. It's my goodness that I found all the groceries at home itself.

After checking all the things I came out of the kitchen. There he was standing with his office bag and formal suits.

What the hell, he is going somewhere. I came down with anger.

"Heena, I'm extremely sorry. It's an urgent and important meeting. I need to go." He said in a very low and sad voice.

"Okay, take care," I said in a cold voice.

"Darling, listen you prepare dinner for me and in the meantime, I'll be back."

I also thought it was a good idea so I said "okay, but be on time".

Then, he placed his lips on my forehead softly and bid me bye.

I planned to cook chicken Szechuan noodles as the main dish and chicken lollipop Manchurian. Then, rose panna cotta in the dessert.