A Confused Day

Aadhil was staring at the ceiling, laying on my lap. I was looking at him and thinking about the pain that he has endured today. Because John uncle told me that he will do dressing on his wounds today. I was praying to Allah to reduce the pain and give him the strength to handle that.

The doorbell broke my thoughts. I tried to get up by placing his head on the pillow, but suddenly he held my hand. I looked at him confused. "Don't go please" he requested with his puppy eyes and already tired voice. 

"Aadhil, what happened to you? I'll just go and see who has come and will get back to you." I said by Patting his head.

"I want you to stay beside me. Don't go anywhere. Please..." He said tiredly.

"I'll just open the door and come back to you," I said and unlock our room door. 

I saw Aadhil's Aunty and his cousins Fouziya with Faizal.

Fouziya was already in tears and ran towards him but stood at a distance I noticed that Aadhil was staring at her with his red eyes. 

I get confused because she was concerned about him and ran in to see him but he is staring at her in anger.

I went and sat beside him and at the other end aunty sat and Faizal stood behind her. They inquired about his health.

Faizal teased us by saying "He will be happy that bhabhi is always with him. What bhabhi happy aah..."

I was about to answer him but I heard "Stop Faizal, Aadhil is already in pain and you're asking him about his happiness." Fouziya said with a cold voice. 

"Yes Fouziya, but Faizal was right. I'm happy and feeling lucky to be with my lovely wife." He said holding my hands in his.
" But your lovely wife being with you can't take your pain right." She said irritated.
"It's true, she can't take my pain but being with her make me forget all the pain and worries. That a person like you can't understand." He said in full of attitude.
I was amazed looking Aadhil expression and Fouziya's reaction.
I felt they have some issues in past. That's why this cold war between them is happening, I guess.

Fouziya tried to say something but my mother-in-law came inside with John uncle and a nurse. This made me relaxed that the war had ended but later, the thought of Aadhil's dressing freaked me. 

John uncle came and asked everyone to go out. Everyone went out and I was about to leave but Aadhil held my hand and said "please stay with me." With his pleasing eyes. 

I looked at Dr. John uncle. He nodded in okay.

I sat next to him. He held my hand tightly. I placed my hand above his and started rubbing to give him some comfort.

John uncle went towards his leg and cut the bandage. After the bandage was removed, I saw the wound and I closed my eyes as  I couldn't see it. By looking at my reaction John uncle told me to go out but I apologized.

He clenched my hand very hard and screamed in pain and the nurse held him in position. I held his hands and made him look in my eyes and tell him some soothing words.

After a lot of screams and tears, the dressing of his wounds was over. Now, the nurse prepared a shot and gave it to him.

John uncle told me to continue the medicine and after a day's gap they will again do the dressing but he needs to take 2 injections for 4 days. For that, the nurse will come home.

I nodded for everything and he explained to me his diet plan. In all the process till now Aadhil was in my lap and before our conversation ended he fell asleep.

Lastly, John uncle said, "take care of yourself also Heena. Apply some gel on your hands." Pointing to my hands which turned red by his clutches.

"It's ok Uncle, it will go off," I said looking at my bruised hands. 

"God will bless you, my child. Take care" he said all smiling and stepped forward.

"Uncle.." I called him so he turned.

"How many days it will take him to cure these wounds," I asked.

"In a week I'll remove the bandages, but he needs complete rest for a month" he replied. I nodded to him.

He went out and the nurse also followed him. Then, I took Aadhil's head and placed that on the pillow carefully and adjusted his dress.

Aadhil's phone started ringing, so I immediately went and made that silent so his sleep shouldn't get disturbed. 

I looked at the caller ID. It was Manickam, our company's manager. 

I went near the window and attended to his call. "Hello.." 

"Good morning madam, I'm Manickam, manager," he said.

"Yes, tell me Mr Manickam. I'm Aadhil's wife." 

"I'm sorry for what happened to Aadhil sir by the way. How is he now madam?"

"Hmm... Better. Have you talked to the client?" I asked

"Mam ... I talked with him... But..." He hesitated. 

"Manickam... What he said... Tell me clearly please." I asked

"Client is feeling Ominous for Aadhil sir's accident... So he wants to cancel the bond" he said very sadly.

"What you are telling Manickam. You know very well this was his dream project. How one can cancel the bond like this." I asked very tensely. 

"But mam I tried my level best. I'm sorry madam. Can you try to talk to him?" He asked

"Okay, I'll try Mr Manickam. Send me the client details." I disconnected the call.

I don't understand what to do now. One side is my husband's dream and another side is my family's restrictions. 

God damn it!! Why was I born as a girl? Why is there no freedom for women? With so many questions, I looked back. There Aadhil was lying peacefully like a baby. 

My biggest trouble is telling him about the client statement. He will break by knowing his project sponsor was ready to sponsor.

I heard my phone ringing, which was outside. I went and saw everyone sitting in my mother-in-law's room. 

I silently took my phone and went to the balcony. It was my sister, who enquired about Aadhil's health. She told me to be strong and brave.

I was talking to her and I heard a thud sound from my room. 

I ran to see Aadhil. When I opened the door I saw....