Accident

I opened the door to see two men holding Aadhil, who had lots of bandages on his face, hands and legs.

I was literally faint on seeing him like this. Oh my Allah!! What happened to him? I can't utter a word from my mouth. I was in complete shock. I become numb on seeing him in this condition.

One of the men was his cousin, Faizal. He said, "Bhabi, nothing to worry about, he is all fine. Come inside." By saying this, he brought Aadhil inside and made him sit on the sofa but he couldn't sit so they took him to our room.

They made Aadhil lay in bed, As I adjusted the pillows.

"What happened?" I asked Slowly controlling all my emotions. "It's... Noth...ng" Aadhil stammered. "A small accident bhabi" Faizal replied.

I slowly stepped forward towards him. Trying to hold his hand. Suddenly a loud crying sound came from behind. It was My mother-in-law ran towards him and burst out in tears.

My father-in-law was also on the verge of tears. I controlled my emotions and didn't let a tear slip from my eyes. I convinced my mother-in-law by saying he'll be alright soon nothing to worry about.

She looked at me and said, "I can't see my child with this much pain dear". I can feel her words because the same was going on me. I just nodded and made her sit up. And soon, John uncle came and inquired about his health.

Then his friends went out after handing the report to John uncle. He checked the report and asked Aadhil a few questions which he answered in his painful voice.

My heart was aching on seeing him in pain, but if I let myself down then no one can handle him or my in-laws. 'You have to be strong Heena whatever happens, you please don't break down in front of him.' These lines only running in my mind.

After a few minutes of seeing the reports. John uncle opened his medical bag and asked Aadhil to give him his hand for which he refused and asked why.

"Aadhil, you have lost a lot of blood and fluid because of the injuries, so I'm just attaching a saline in your vein." John uncle explained.

By hearing this, he freaked out and became a baby. continuously saying, "Ammi I don't want... Ammi please... Please ammi".

My heart dropped on seeing this side of him. My mother-in-law then went towards his side and sat holding him in her lap carefully. After a few minutes, he became tired of crying and John uncle inserted the needle into his vein.

However, I tried to stay strong but the needle phobia freaked me. Aadhil's painful cry is stabbing my heart, and I can't hold my tears anymore. I came out of the room and sat on the sofa and let my tears come out silently. After 5 to 10 minutes. All the three elders came out leaving Aadhil alone in the room.

They saw me crying. "Areee... Heena, why are you crying? He'll be alright soon." John uncle said. My mother-in-law came to my side and held my hand to calm me down but I couldn't control my emotions. I hugged her and cried hard. Letting all my emotions out. "It's okay dear, he will be fine soon." My mother-in-law said sobbing.

"Yes, why not? He is now having a lovable wife to take care of him, so for sure he will recover soon." My father-in-law said. I smiled lightly and wiped my tears.

"How did this happen, dad, you know?" I asked my father-in-law. "He was crossing the road and a car hit his bike," he explained. "Thank God he was wearing a helmet". John uncle praised. I nodded.

Time skip...

I was in my room. Aadhil was sleeping in bed. I was just sitting beside him holding his hand and reciting surah Al-fatiya (1st few lines of the holy Quran) and blowing on him. It's a belief there is a cure in those lines.