Chapter 14. Intel on William

Hearing William call for us to wait took me by surprise. I thought I had finally put an end to our little hallway brawl but I was wrong. He just wouldn't quit.

"What now?" I asked in response as I turned back around to face him.

William took a few steps closer to me but dared not look at my sister. Something about her seemed to be his kryptonite. A weakness he couldn't shake but with me, he found courage and confidence.

"Who said I was homophobic?" He asked. "And I'm sorry if I pushed you back a bit but you should learn something called boundaries and personal space. If that's the VIOLENCE" he emphasized "that you're referring too."

"You don't bat for the other team?" I quoted him. "I made no advance nor insinuation that I was interested in you in any way... my only interest is that you leave me alone!" I insisted.

"You were in my face. So close I could smell the vanilla late you had for breakfast" his accusations continued.

"What are you trying to get at, William?" I wanted this to end and was becoming increasingly impatient with him.

"For you and everyone here to know that I am the furthest from a homophobic prick and dont need you spreading rumors. I'm sorry I assumed you might have been coming onto me but you got awfully close. I have a girlfriend in the city and was just making it clear it wasn't going to happen."

I laughed and huffed. He was really trying to twist the situation around to make it seem like I was coming onto him. This guy has some nerve. Oh, and now he has a girlfriend in the city. How convenient.

"Look" his voice was now calm and collected as he ran his fingers through his raven colored hair. "It appears as though we both had some misunderstandings. I don't want to have problems with you or anyone else for that matter."

"Sounds legit, Christian. He doesn't seem homophobic and you were kinda in his personal space" Rob from our football team spoke from the crowd.

He had me cornered. If I continued this feud I would look like the bad guy. As much as it killed me, I had no choice but to continue playing his game. I just don't understand why he's been the one going out of his way to talk with me. If he wanted me to pretend not to know the real him, why wouldn't he be thankful I wanted space from him?

"I'm glad to hear that, William. I don't want to have a problem with you either." I responded and extended my hand to him to shake. "Truce?" I offered.

My sister tried pulling me back with the hand she still held but I pushed forward. I had to do this.

We shook and as we did, I leaned in a little closer. "I meant what I said though. Leave me alone" and then leaned back and gave him the fakest smile I could muster up.

***

"I've done some investigating!" Maria announced as she sat down with her tray of meatloaf being served in school today. We wanted to go out but when our other friends mentioned they would be as well and William was joining, we decided to stay in.

I looked over to Mike who had been sitting with me waiting for Maria to arrive and rolled my eyes at his girlfriend's new found career as a detective. 'Please don't tell me this is about William?" I asked.

"Dah. Who else?" She seemed really excited to share her findings.

"Well I wanna know!" Mike was intrigued.

"So" Maria took a long pause as she fished out a mini notebook. "I googled Billy Thompson and literally nothing came up. Odd, right?"

"No. I told you when we met he didn't have any sort of social media" I was already bored.