Chapter 23. Truth telling

His lips met mine and like a tidal way, I was swept away into the bliss that was William. Every meaningless kiss with Mateo seemed to vanish from my memory. Nothing compared to kissing William. This is what it should feel like and what I've been unknowingly missing for four years.

The kiss was slow and sweet. His lips softly caressed mine, closed mouthed at first until his hands moved from my chin and wrist to the back of my neck. He pulled me closer into the kiss and parted his lips slightly. My arms grabbed hold of his waist and I pulled him our bodies together closing the small gap between us. My actions caused a moan to slip from Williams mouth, vibrating against my own. It was the best sound I had ever heard and I wanted to hear it again and again.

His tongue brushed against my bottom lip requesting entrance to which I obliged. There was no fighting for dominance. The kiss remained soft and passionate as we savored the taste of one another. I don't remember when my eyes closed but in my thoughts I saw William. I felt what he was feeling and tried my best to express the same through the kiss.

William broke the kiss but kept his hands around my neck and his lips close to mine. "Fuck Christian. Do you feel that? Please tell me that you feel it too. That it's not just in my mind?" William whispered into my lips and I knew exactly what he was referring to. The rush. The sparks. The connection. The...

"I feel it. I felt it four year ago with you and have missed it ever since." I responded breathlessly.

His lips were back on mine and he deepened the kiss. This time the kiss was filled with want and desire. Our mouths opened for one another without the need for an invitation. I moaned when our tongues met again and William went wild at the sound. He began to move us backwards until my back nudged up against a steel beam that held up part of the bleachers above us. Williams' hands moved down my chest, over my abs to the bottom of my shirt. His hands slipped under and he began to move them back up my torso. The feeling of his hands on my bare skin woke up every goosebump in my body.

William moved his lips from mine to meet my jaw and another moan escaped me. "You're beautiful, Christian." He moaned in return and placed a kiss an inch lower. "I've missed you so much." He kissed the top of my neck. "I-I lo-"

The sound of the school's bell signalling the end of our lunch break snapped us both out of our desires and stripped William of his words. I've never hated school but at this moment, I despised the idea of going back inside. I was annoyed that we had been interrupted and I needed to know what William was going to say.

"W-we. We should get going." William pressed his head against mine as we both caught our breaths.

"Yeah. I-um. I guess we should" I reluctantly agreed.

***

William and I only shared one class that afternoon and it's not as though we could talk freely during. The rest of the school day flew by, I was consumed with thoughts of our kiss and what it meant. I needed to speak with William but never found the opportunity.

To make matters worse, our football team has been practicing almost daily for the upcoming championship game this weekend. Today was the one day Coach had cancelled practice so the team could rest but I had put off so many of my other extra curricular activities, I was booked solid that evening. It wasn't until eight at night when I finished my last private self defense training session that my day ended and I was able to head home and relax.

It was almost ten at night and I was laying in bed trying to get my mind off of William and our kiss. I was reviewing some of the strategies William and I came up with for this weekend's game, knowing we had to kill it and win. With William joining the team this season, we were a force to be reckoned with and we were going into the championship game undefeated.