Chapter 15

"When you love someone, you automatically care for them, you cannot love without caring"

After having a hell tough time, when her inner self was fulfilled with the desire to stay alone, Annika wanted to share her thoughts. The only person who could help her out right best friend Aakriti. She drived to her place.

Standing in front of her society, Annika calls up Aakriti. Her face was still miserable and unpleasant. Her eyes, still brimmed with tears.

She calls up Aakriti. Without giving much details, she just asked her to meet her in the society's garden.

Annika sits on the bench in the garden. She was sweating badly.

Aakriti rushes to see her. She reaches there and find Annika crying and sweating badly. Before saying a thing, she hugs her tightly ignoring the fact that she was drenched in tears and sweat.

Annika too hugs her back. She knew that she would find solace in this situation in her arms only.

"Babu...relax....Now tell me...what happened?", she caressed her back but got no reply, only sobs and sniffs. She takes her dupatta and cleans her wet face.

Annika not took a breath and relaxed a bit. Then she narrated whole incident to her.

Aakriti, instead of what Annika thought, she smiled and that yo widely in amusement. Aakriti was totally happy, "Woho!The Great Shivaay Singh Oberoi wants to marry you.Superb! You told him yes, didn't you? And what's the point of crying?"

"I did not do anything. I just left the place and came back", Annika told without looking at her. Stared the flower which was swinging with the wind.

Aakriti was hell shocked. How could she deny him. Is she mad or what! She holds Annika's shoulder tightly and literally yells, "Annika, have you gone mad? Why didn't you say anything to him?"

"He has just asked to get married. He didn't said I love you", Annika gave the lamest possible excuse.

Aakriti hits her head with her palms and nodded in disbelief, "So what's wrong in it? He did said for marriage, right?"

"So aren't marriage and love are not different?", Annika looked at her.

"Annika, you are the foolest and the most stupid girl of this world. Sorry to say but you are. At the time of me and Tanmay, I told I love you to him but he didn't. He was just blabbering some nonsence like kids and living together and all. Then I had assumed that he didn't love me, so remember what you explained to me?", Aakriti asked hopefully.

Annika thought for a while recalling the incident, "That is, I love you are just 3 words. His feeling are defined by the rest of his words and actions"

"Exactly! He cares for you so much. He doesn't want you go away from him. Doesn't all this define love?", Aakriti asked again.

Annika nodded a yes. Indeed he felt for her. But she ran away creating a mess and ruckus.

"So go and say it", Aakriti cheered her.

"I don't have guts dude. I had never expected anything like this. Nor I ever thought what should be done in such a situation. Never. That's why I was going back to New York. And why he had to say all this while I am leaving tomorrow", Annika told sadly.

"Annika just tell me why aren't you confessing?", Aakriti asked impatiently.

"Darr lagta hai yaar Aakriti. I fear getting hurt again. I fear being a broken heart again. Haan I have always admired love but I don't know what's up with me now. When it is standing right in front of me, I am not having those guts to follow it. I just want to run away and never return back. I want to be with him but my soul isn't allowing me to!", Annika explained her dismay and turbulence.