Chapter 21: Our First Official Date

"Your battle is my battle. We will fight it together"

Shivaay and Annika reach the café where Vikram had invited her. She was nervous amd furious, both at the same time. She fidgeted the ruffle of her peach top, "Shivaay, is it necessary to do this?"

Not saying anything,he opened his arms inviting her for a hug, "Come"

She sighed, "Shivaay"

He glared her making her go in his embrace. She had no other alternate, she know that.

He kissed her hairline and rubbed her back, "Its important. Don't be nervous. I am here. In case I feel that anything goes wrong, I'll come earlier", he assured her yet again.

She hummed. His words marks the return of her confidence. She trusts him.

"Remember, who are you", he told.

Not able to process the meaning of his words, she broke the hug, "Who?"

He held her face through her neck as he rubbed his thumb pad over her jaw line, "My Annika who didn't even thought for the second time before messing up with Shivaay Singh Oberoi them who the hell is this Vikram?"

She giggled, "I will do it"

He nodded as she heads inside to the café.

She prayed to her Bappa to support her as always he does. She took a deep breath. She enters the place and looks here and there for Vikram.

He was seated on the window seat from where Shivaay could easily listen and see them, "Annika, over here", he waved at her.

She spotted his presence and walked to him.

He came forward to hug her but she showed her hand to him, indicating him to stop what ever he was doing.

He frowned but ignored it, "Pease have a seat", he initiated to pull out a chair for her but she refused.

"I can help myself, thank you", she took a seat.

So did he. He held her hand which rested on the table, "Thank you for accepting my invite"

"I am here for myself, Mr. Thapar", she clarified his thoughts.

Shivaay was getting angry. The way Vikram was trying to be close to Annika was not resistable for him.

Annika looked at him and gestures him to calm down with her eyes. She pulls her hand back. She saw Shivaay's reaction as he sighed in relief, "Mr. Thapar, I can't marry you"

"Annika---"

"Its Ms. Goenka for you", she told.

He bit his lower lip, "Ms. Goenka, I know you need time. We can give us some time", he said hopefully.

"Its not about time", she informed him.

Vikram was clearly not able to find out the reason, "What's wrong then? I can provide you with everything you want. Ya, I am not so influential like Mr. Goenka but I'll make sure that you are not deprived of anything"

Shivaay was listening to this and was angry that how is he trying to win over Annika. He knew tat she wouod never get caught in his web but still, he felt like kicking Vikram out of her life.

Annika banged her hand lightly on the table, "I am not deprived of anything even today. Till date my father has provided me with each and every thing that a girl would have even imagined"

"I know. But we can hive each other some time, right?", he insisted.

She shaked her head in negative. This man is impossible but she knows how to deal with him properly.