Chapter 54: Delhi

It was Sunday evening when Annika was passing by the pool area. She passed in front of Om's room when she saw him distracted. It seemed like he was nervous. A great half incomplete sculpture stood in front of him. She knew what was he thinking about. She went to his door and knocked.

Om became aware of his surroundings and checked upon the door. He smiled, "You don't need to knock, Bhabhi", he welcomed her inside.

She went and stood before the sculpture, "It is same as five days before. You didn't even lay your hands on it", she said after facing him.

Om sighed, "I am not willing to work", he told.

Annika held Om's hand and made him sit on the bed. She took a seat beside him, "What's wrong, Om?  As far as I know, you never get bored from your work. You enjoy it the most"

Om gulped. He knew that he can share anything and everything with her. She was more of a friend other than his brother's wife, "I am confused. Dadi thinks that it is the right time to get married"

Annika knew that the talks about Om and Gauri's wedding was on cards. She had talked to Gauri about it after she called to share her feelings, "Are you not sure about wedding or about Gauri?", she finally managed to ask him.

Om, who was earlier facing down not looked at her, "Nahi Bhabhi, I am absolutely sure about Gauri. But marriage brings a lot of responsibilities with it. I am not sure if I am ready to take them or not"

Annika smiled thinking about the time when she was having second thoughts about marriage. About taking such a huge responsibility. It was common, "You know what Om, everyone has this confusion and thoughts about these. But when you are sure that the person is actually the one with whom you want to spend your rest of the life with, it becomes easy. And these responsibilities are the one which you have to share with Gauri. You are not alone", she explained to him.

"Will I be able to do it? And I don't even know if Gauri is ready for this or not", he said. Both of them were hesitating to talk to each other after Dadi had a word with Gauri's mother.

"How you guys will eventually know when both of you have been avoiding this completely. You guys are getting married for god's sake talk to each other!", she insisted.

He looked at her, "You had a talk with her, didn't you?", he asked skeptically.

Annika looked away and shrugged her shoulder, "Not just a talk. I met her too", she told casually.

"What does she think, Bhabhi?", Om asked anxiously.

"I won't tell. Figure it our yourself", she told him and got up and walked to the door. Before leaving, she turned around, "Trust your heart, Om. It knows the best", she left after saying so.

*****

Annika walked in to her room and found her husband laying on the bed lazily. And he calls her lazy. She looked around and saw that the room was as she had left before. She turned haughty, "Shivaay!"

He became alarmed and moved his head away from his phone. He knew he was in trouble. He tried to please her by walking towards her, "Baby---"

She moved back and showed him her hand indicating him to stop, "Wait! I asked you to at least start packing. You have to leave tomorrow". 

"But the weekend was supposed to be ours", he reminded her of the promise which she made a few days back.

She smiled and walked closer to him, snaking her arms around his neck, "Then don't go to Delhi". 

"I wish", he looped his hands around her. He drew closer to her face. He held up her chin to make him look straight into his eyes. He kept coming closer and closer.

She patted his chest and chuckled, "Packing, mister!". She reminded him again, pulling him to the closet to pick his clothes.

"You are such a mood spoiler!", he complained.

*****

It was morning the next day. Annika was helping Shivaay in keeping his last minute stuffs as he didn't let her finish the packing yesterday night due to his personal stuffs. 

"Shivaay, have you kept your laptop?", she asked checking his bag.

"Yeah", he answered from the closet area.

"Charger?"

"Yup"

"Tab?"

"I guess"

"Meds?"

She heard no reply. Of course, he didn't. She sighed and went to the table. She opened the drawer to take out his med box and shovel it in his bag, "I think your medicines are more important than your charger and tab!", she snorted once he came outside.

"I forgot", he told slyly. He was such a perfectionist when he was single. He used to solely manage all his things without missing out. But after her arrival, he was completely dependent on her. For sure, she was his soulmate.

"You are crazy!", she told him. She glanced at the clock, "Shivaay, it's already ten. You should probably leave. I also have to reach office"

"Damn the office!", he cried. He took her suitcase and both of them went downstairs to the family.

As he wished everyone goodbye, Rudra just said, "Bye Bhaiya".

Shivaay was astonished. Every time he used to go out, Rudra used to cry, fake though, and give loads of lectures, "Won't you fake cry and wish that I won't go?", he asked.

The family laughed. Rudra smiled, "No Bhaiya, I I have Bhabhi with me so I won't act", he shared a high-five with Annika.

Shivaay smacks his head, "Bhabhi ka chamcha!". He then went to Annika. He kissed her forehead, "Bye. I'll call you before the flight takes off", he told her.

She smiled and nodded, "Don't forget to take your medicines and meals on time and share the pictures. Most importantly, don't forget to miss me", she said.

He smiled widely, "Love you", he whispered pulling her for a hug.

"Love you", she whispered back.

*****

After bidding bye to him, Annika walked to her room to fetch for her belongings to rush to her office. As soon as she stepped inside, it felt different. She looked around. Now she was alone. For a few day, it would be just her and this room. She would miss him, terribly. Cuddling him, kissing him, hugging him, it was something she was so addicted to. Huh, the soon these days pass, the better it would be for sure.

She smiled faintly before collecting her phone, charger, files and other damn important items to pack. She looked around and was assured that everything was packed. She went outside and drived her car way to the office.

While driving, she glanced at her wrist. Heck, she forgot her watch. It was her daily routine to forget her watch. Shivaay was the one who used to remind her to wear it but it seems like he himself forgot it.

Her phone ranged. It was him. She smiled and answered, "Hey"

"Hey, the flight is about to take off", he said.

"Good, have a safe journey and keep in mind everything I said", she told him.

"Aacha suno?", he said.

"Boliye Shivaay", she answered.

"I kept your watch in you hand bag. Wear it", he said.

He smiled to herself. He can never forget things about her, "Thank you"

Hit the vote button if you like it!

Okay so yesterday, this book clocked an year. Thank you for all the love you gave it.