Chapter 40 : The Competition

"I don't want a relationship that's serious all the times. I want someone I can laugh and be silly with. Someone who not only gets my weird sense of humor, but think its funny too"

So the next day, Shivaay and Annika went to select rings for each other individually. Annika was accompanied by her sisters, not by birth but yes by heart, Gauri and Bhavya while Shivaay was accompanied by Om. Both had literally scrounged the whole shop to look out for the best ring possible.Though they had found the best ring for each other, both of them still skeptical a bit about the challenge they had thrown and accepted. Both wanted to see each other's bought ring before placing them for the engagement

"Hello haan Rudy! Did you find it?", asked Annika over the phone.

"No Bhabhi, I am not able to find it. I think its not in his cupboard", replied Rudy while searching Shivaay's drawers.

"Then search in the side table or somewhere else! I need to win Rudy!" Annika ordered. Gauri and Bhavya were laughing at an impatient Annika who was troubling Rudra to find the ring since morning.

"Bhaujai, its not a big deed. I am sure that the ring which you have choosen for bade-bahiya is the best!" Gauri cheered.

"No Gauri, look at this", Annika showed her left hand to her, "This ring, its given by Shivaay and look how pretty is this. I am sure he'll win it!", Annika told sadly.

"Competition takkar ka hai!", Bhavya told thoughtfully.

"Hello bhabhi" Rudy asked.

Aree han bol Rudy."

"Yes bhabhi, bhaiya's choice in too good. That's why he chose you over lady baba", Rudy laughed.

Annika giggled, "Jokes apart, tu ring dhoond"

"Haan", Rudra told and made his way to the dressing table rummaging through drawers and shelves. He searches in the wardrobe room but didn't found it. Then he saw his last hope, the last drawer. He opened it hopefully and as soon as he opened it, a bright smile captured his face, "Mil gai bhabhi!", he yelled.Annika jumped with joy.

"What really! Good job agent Rudy! Jaldi photo bhej", she commanded.

"Abhi bhejta hoon", Rudra opened the box excitedly and looking at it, his smile disappeared. he gulped hard.

"What happed Rudy? send na!", Annika asked.

"Bhabhi, its empty!", Rudy spoke sadly and a slap landed on his head.

"What! Ye chant chalu bhagad billa", Annika spoke annoyingly.Here, Rudra turned around and saw shivaay standing there with his arms crossed across his chest and a wide grin.

He gave a questioning look to his little brother."What were you doing here Rudra?", he asked sarcastically.

Rudra immediately hid the ring box and the phone behind him while Annika heard the most familiar voice.She bit her tongue, "Mar gaye!"Shivaay smirked and walked closer to Rudra,"I asked something Rudy!", Shivaay spoke calmly.

"Vo bhaiya, i was looking for a file", Rudra gave the most unusual excuse.

Shivaay grinned,"You and file. poles apart.", he leaned closer to Rudra while Rudra felt awkward.

"Bhaiya, I am your brother. You cant do this to me. Have some shame. You are getting married and I have a girlfriend! I am completely straight bhaiya!".

In the mean time, Shivaay snatched the phone and the ring box from his hand. He gazed it and then looked at Rudra, "Bhabhi ke chamche!", another smack landed on poor Rudra's head.