Chapter 48: After Marriage

"I fall in love many times, but the common is that you are the one for whom I fall for every time"

Shivaay and Annika, the newly wedded couple were standing at the step of the Oberoi Mansion. They were all set to be welcomed inside. At wedding was huge and grand and now, they have to move forward with the post wedding rituals.

As Annika looked at Shivaay, he was already looking at her, flashing the best possible smile. He mouthed 'I love you' to her.

She gestured to fly a kiss to him and mouthed, 'Love you too'

Pinky came from inside the house with a huge bronze plate in her hand. Following her, Priyanka came with a kalash with her and after her, Jhanvi came with a white cloth in her hands.

Priyanka placed the kalash in front of Annika's feet. Then she took the plate from Pinky and lay it at some distance from the kalash. She and Rudra spread the white cloth in front of the plate.

Dadi went forward to rhe couple with a aarti thaal with her. She smiled and put the sacred tilak on their fore heads and then rounded the thaal in front of them, "Now enter inside by pushing the kalash with your right leg"

Annika smiled amd lifted her lehenga a bit. She held Shivaay's hand and pushed the kalash which was filled with rice grains and entered inside.

Dadi instructed Annika to what to do next.

Annika kept her hands in the speacial yellow haldi paste which Om just bought. She took out her hands and left her hand impressions on the wall of the house.  She saw Pinky's and Jhanvi's impressions already there. She was now the Daughter In Law of the Oberoi Family, just like them.

After that, Annika was asked to dip ber feet in the yellow vermillion water aka alta and enter the house leaving her foot impressions on the white cloth.

As her lehenga was too heavy, she was finding it difficult to not strain it.

Shivaay, being the perfect gentleman and partner, helped her with her lehenga. He held one side of it so that so didn't mess it. She smiled and walked forward down the cloth leaving her feet inpression behind.

Now, all of them were seated in the hall. Shivaay was getting impatient. He held Annika's hand and got up, "Now if we are done with all the ceremonies, can we go to our room and have rest?"

Everyone laughed and Annika smacked his hand in embarrassment.

"Bhaiya, do you seriously think that you will rest?", Rudra smirked.

"Shut up Rudra!", Shivaay eyed him.

"Billu! Sit back. We still have a ceremony left", Dadi instructed him.

Having no guts to oppose her, he took a seat back.

Now, came the other ritual. A huge bronze tub was placed in front of them. It was filled with milk and rose petals.

"Now,", Pinky came forward, "I will drop this ring in this tub and you both need to find and the one who'll willl have the superiority in your life ahead", she dropped the ring, stirring the liquid afterwards.

"That ring? It was---", Shivaay questioned.

"Yeah, it was the ring you gave me before. It is what the ritual says", Annika explained what Pinky had told her before.

While Annika grew quite excited, she wanted to win this game. What would be more better than making the great Shivaay Singh Oberoi lose his ego. But deep down, she still wanted him to win.

"I am with Bhabhi", Rudra went to sit on Annika's side.

"Me too", Om followed him.

Shivaay gaped his mouth at them, "Bhabhi ke chamche! C'mon, who is on my side?"